Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

On another note as people know we were after Falcao a couple of years back. Just read that we were also after james rodriguez as well. 

What could have been.... :(

Is this the first time in 5 years we haven't been after Defoe? I feel like I've come out of a bomb shelter after a nuclear holocaust.

I'll put this falcao myth to bed once again, we were never after him, we were never offered him, at the time he was at river plate angel was still at villa, angel recomended falcao to O'Neill. That was it.

In a desperate attempt to bring this thread back to what it was originally intended to be for...

Local radio in France (at least, that's what I think that site is for) says there was someone from Villa watching Boudebouz in Sochaux's game last night against Evian.

Edited by Wes

I'll put this falcao myth to bed once again, we were never after him, we were never offered him, at the time he was at river plate angel was still at villa, angel recomended falcao to O'Neill. That was it.

MON signing a player from Argentina, can you imagine it!? Needless to say he went for the safe option: Marlon Harewood.

In a desperate attempt to bring this thread back to what it was originally intended to be for...

Local radio in France (at least, that's what I think that site is for) says there was someone from Villa watching Boudebouz in Sochaux's game last night against Evian.

Just read on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryad_Boudebouz he'd be we'll with Ireland sharing the pipe ha!

Also signing him would have been a nightmare as he was only part owned by riverplate and third party ownership isn't allowed in England, hence why he went to Porto with riverplate only receiving £3million for him.

Apparently we were after this guy last season, and still might be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xL-TSN8YVk

Jeroen Lumu from relegated dutch side Willems II. Fast and tricky forward valued at £2-3m.

I've only seen him play once and that was with the dutch u-17 so hard to say how good he is

I love how we are/have been looking at players like this :3 if we carry on like this and go after young players with good ability we will have a very good squad!