Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Lowton to Fulham or Arsenal.

Weimann to Newcastle or Liverpool.

Benteke to Tottenham, Arsenal or Liverpool.

There are some battles ahead it would appear.

Lowton in my eyes will not be going anywhere near Arsenal, Jenkinson is very very highly rated by then.

Cant see weimann going to Newcastle, don't think he would see it as that much of an advancement (if we stay up)

99% of the modern day footballer will move to the highest payer...sorry but £ is right up there with oxygen .

I don't think that's true. Being a success and moving up to a more successful club will inevitably mean a bigger wage. I think ambition is a major factor for most young professionals. On the way down, or at the end of a career money is a bigger factor.

right heres the thing can ASTON VILLA offer a better platform for malumbu to perform to wba? if not then you have to pay him more than what he on at wba. if villa cap £25k a week as stated i dont expect any better players.sorry its a money game,players will go to who fills their boots. ask any genuine man city fan.

We couldn't offer Delph a better platform to what Man City could, but he came to us and not them.

For some players, they chose a team over how it will benefit their team.

I'm sure Man City would have paid him much more, but we will PLAY him more. Which is the most important thing, which a lot of players don't realise, but some do.

(In hindsight, Delph has not lived up to expectactions, but my point still stands. Not ALL (or 99%) of players will move for money)

We couldn't offer Delph a better platform to what Man City could, but he came to us and not them.

I thought that was all down to how ourselves and man city conducted business.

Didn't Leeds say they refused an offer from man city because of the way they approached the deal?

just a random question that got me thinking today

a few windows ago, we was linked to yannick djalo, i for one, like a few on here, were keen for his arrival although he didnt help things but announcing he was on the way here, if we were to sell bent and delf, would anyone welcome djalo?

we should aim to go for kolo toure or lescott in my view both walk in our cb postion alongside vlaar

If you drew a venn diagram of our squad the "Players we signed from Man City" circle would be entirely inside the "Massively overpaid players" circle. I don't feel like we should add to those circles.

I'd go for...

GK Alex Smithies

LB Baba Rahman from Furth...

CB Dragovic

AM Maxi Moralez (Atlanta)

Wing Tom Ince

CM Lucas Biglia (Anderlecht)

Out

Bent

Given

Ireland

Dunne

Petrov :(

Hutton

Bannan

I can dream......

I thought that was all down to how ourselves and man city conducted business.

Didn't Leeds say they refused an offer from man city because of the way they approached the deal?

I don't remember that being mentioned. But maybe you're right.

Hooper seems a decent shout, but tbh I can see celtic wanting around 6-9m for him, which is a large figure for someone that could easily flop. Tom Ince would be great, but unrealistic I think. 

We desperately need to sure up the defence, which means we need an experienced and solid CB as i think Dunne will leave, one LB and maybe one utility player that can play across the defence to a decent standard. That's three experienced players, which seems a push on its own given they are all likely to cost 4-8m or more. On top of that, I would say at least one DM/CM and one AM. 6 players coming in is unlikely, so personally I would prioritise the defence.

If we find ourselves in the championship next season my game plan would be to pay Benteke 60k a week and buy a group of defenders that can hoof the ball up to him. Job done :)  

if we go down were going to need benteke to get us back up first time round otherwise we may be stuck down there for quite some time

the past few transfer windows have been nothing to look forward to and been proved right throughout

i agree with verb27 that defense has to be priority, the midfield has been too much of a priority every window but even then weve only signed average players

if we go down were going to need benteke to get us back up first time round otherwise we may be stuck down there for quite some time

the past few transfer windows have been nothing to look forward to and been proved right throughout

i agree with verb27 that defense has to be priority, the midfield has been too much of a priority every window but even then weve only signed average players

I think Lib Dem supporters are more hopeful of a majority next election than we should be of Benteke staying if we go down

• Like 2

I think Lib Dem supporters are more hopeful of a majority next election than we should be of Benteke staying if we go down

tbh, he's under contract with us and I would hope we exercise all that we can to keep him at the club. If the worst came to the worst and someone put in a 10m offer for him, I'd like to think we reply with a stern no and tell him we simply need him and can't afford to lose him