Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I don't want Sinclair if i'm honest.. don't want anyone from City.

Thank god someone thinks the same as me, and thats without reminding them of the previous players purchased for huge amounts from them but i'll do it anyway, Given, Dunne and Ireland.

i'm not up for city cast offs either really, as the wages would **** us all over again. given was good alright for a year, but he is earning far too much to be providing depth to the squad. dunne was a good servatn for a couple of years but if you beleive what you hear then the booze got the better of him and he's earning a wedge still. ireland has been a massive disappointment to me, this season we all hoped he'd realise he was getting his last chance. by last chance i don't mean for us, but in terms of his career really. where does he go from here? he can't get on our bench FFS. we've tried a string of players in the role in front of westwood and delph, we're crying out for someone to really make it their own and work hard pressing from the front AND be a creative force going forward. it certainly looks like a stephen ireland shaped hole in a lot of ways but he's not shone there, and right now isn't doing well enough to get on the bench to have a crack at it like KEA had at united.

more on topic, that's one position we could go shopping for i think, as KEA and sylla i'd say were more likely to be competition for delph/westwood in terms of types of player. holman has lost his way it seems after starting brightly enough and bannan remains a bit of a mystery. getting gardner back will be a bonus in terms of competition for that more advanced box-to-box role but if PL can turn up another inspired transfer there than going forward we'd have a complete unit if we keep benteke and weimann. 

as for the debate about baker and bennett and investing in the defence, bennett is growing into his role, and i reckon baker and clark have a future here. they all need to improve obvioulsy and they will. signing a class CB woudl give vlaar a strong partner to get the best out of him and then we'd have clark and baker as depth who could be learning the role without being thrown to the lions every week. good cover/competition for LB and RB would be nice though too. not sure how big we'll be spending but i'd back PL to find some good summer bargains.

Thank god someone thinks the same as me, and thats without reminding them of the previous players purchased for huge amounts from them but i'll do it anyway, Given, Dunne and Ireland.

Agree, add to that Lescott as well. Pearse on a free from reading for cover might be an option. Was highly thought off prior to this season and still 24

Arsenal are sniffing around Lowton i believe.

Even taking Benteke into consideration, i think Lowton is going to be the hardest player to keep hold of this summer. Hes english and hasnt missed a league game in 3 or something years. Not to mention his age and performances this year.

No way, in my opinion.

Lambert took a chance on him, pulled him up from a lower league and has then played him in every game. I have a feeling that Lowton, like Westwood, is one of those players that we could see here for a good few years.

And this is why they are sniffing around!

My point still stands. One outstanding performance doesn't take away from my original reason for thinking he'll stay

Arsenal are sniffing around Lowton i believe.

Even taking Benteke into consideration, i think Lowton is going to be the hardest player to keep hold of this summer. Hes english and hasnt missed a league game in 3 or something years. Not to mention his age and performances this year.

No way, in my opinion.

Lambert took a chance on him, pulled him up from a lower league and has then played him in every game. I have a feeling that Lowton, like Westwood, is one of those players that we could see here for a good few years.

And this is why they are sniffing around!
My point still stands. One outstanding performance doesn't take away from my original reason for thinking he'll stay
Hope youre right, cant stop clubs sniffing around but. It can turn some footballers heads mentally though, especially young ones.

That Milner fella might do alright for us.

Aguero?

Our first priority has to be a top left back and benette as cover. Others would argue its the other way around given is recent form and thats fine.

But at the end of the day we have been playing a CB in LB when Benette has been unavailable or subbed. Not much more clear cut to me.

Our first priority has to be a top left back and benette as cover. Others would argue its the other way around given is recent form and thats fine.

But at the end of the day we have been playing a CB in LB when Benette has been unavailable or subbed. Not much more clear cut to me.

Agree

LB,CB and a top quality CM are crucial if we are to move up the table next season

Agree

LB,CB and a top quality CM are crucial if we are to move up the table next season

Just thinking who is cover for right back? Lucky lowton doesnt get injured much. LB and Rb the top priority. Then get the top quality CB as we already have cover there.

P.s i dont want to see a reply with Alan Huttons name

Agree

Just thinking who is cover for right back? Lucky lowton doesnt get injured much. LB and Rb the top priority. Then get the top quality CB as we already have cover there.

Think lichaj or herd would be backup.

Edited by mikeyp102

Agree

Think lichaj or herd would be backup.

Is lichaj not out of contract and Herd really isnt anything. Prob a CM if anthing

I'd keep Lichaj on as cover. Not great going forward but he certainly prefers playing RB over LB and he's solid enough defensively. Herd's done alright the few times I've seen him out there. Both would provide good cover if Lowton's tired or for cup games.

Would anybody take any Wigan players should they go down?

McCarthy, Kone?

Definitely Kone if he was available on the cheap ( Pretty sure they got him on the cheap aswell) would be a good replacement for Benteke (aswell as having lots of £ left over). However considering his age and he seems happy enough at wigan i'm guessing they would want to keep him for the championship.

Liverpool news claiming both Spurs and Liverpool chasing Benteke for a massive 30m... Can't see them paying it but can see others. Call me a fool, but  I personally would want a little more.

Liverpool....

Hilarious

They won't even be in the Europa league why the hell would Benteke go there

Hell all the other midtable clubs should jump in with a bid as well..

Suarez will be gone in the summer as soon as any half decent CL club comes in for him... Them chasing Benteke would not surprise me it would suit Delusional FC down to the ground

Edited by AshVilla