Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Hooper has been horrible every time I've seen him.

Technique of Agbonlahor without the pace.

I disagree with half that. He can shoot but he is as slow as a cart horse

I will take that 50% with glee  :hooray:

I think Wolves players are a bit shop soiled after their last 2 seasons. Doyle might still be worth a shout at a new club as they will need to move high earners off their books but possibly only should we take their place in the division below and so lose strikers we now have in place.

On the question of selling Benteke, I would probably sell.

We might not find another Benteke, but it's almost a guarantee that we will lose Benteke. Might as well get some other potentially good players in instead of just trying to stave off the inevitable

If we do lose Benteke—which is not something I'm treating as a foregone conclusion, by the way—and stay up, here's another argument for Altidore. Check out that assist.

Eh, I'm not entirely convinced by him.

He goes anonymous for long stretches of the game (harking back on past claims that he can get frustrated when the ball isn't coming his way). He's more apt to take his first touch and run with the ball instead of playing a pass, often slowing down the counter attack or missing an open man. A lot of his play is dependent on hustle and graft instead of technique.

That being said, he is very much a Lambert player in that he works hard, has a good attitude, and can be deployed in those forward positions like Weimann or Agbonlahor. Think of him as a pacier and more finished product of Bowery. If we can get him on the cheap to back up Benteke and play a few other games, then I wouldn't be against it.

Some shock defending, but an idea of what you would get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxhwddyQD28

Edited by Kwan

I think Altidore may be worth a look in and is the type of player I can see Lambert scouting, although I think he could end up moving to a team a bit higher up the table if he was to come to England as his goal count will no doubt have alerted several parties.

If we stay up I believe Benteke stays, but we need a back-up for him or at least another option to deploy and Altidore would be a good shout. Think we'll get rid of Bent too.

Weimann, Gabby, Benteke and Altidore. With the system we play, Benteke would still be the spearhead but Altidore could allow us to move things around where needed.

Also from the latest press stuff, it looks like Lambert is indeed trying to turn us into Dortmund, something I have no problem at all with and hopefully means there will be signings to come.

what side of attack does Bjørn Bergmann Sigurdarson play on? is he any good? i cant say i watch wolves so cant comment if its a good shout or not

Think when he was signed was an out and striker or could play "number 10" (not certain on this). My wolves mate said he does look pretty decent with the ball (wolves just didn't get the ball to him), and that he has played on the right or upfront this season..

Not sure how good he is and whether premiership standard though

'At the end of the day, the decision is my own if I let people go. That would always be the case. There's no point trying to plan something, thinking it's going to grow and then all of a sudden it's not there. You have to let it build.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2316082/Paul-Lambert-praises-young-Aston-Villa-squad-Premier-League-survival-bid-continues.html#ixzz2RsAcHzEl 

Arsenal are sniffing around Lowton i believe.

Even taking Benteke into consideration, i think Lowton is going to be the hardest player to keep hold of this summer. Hes english and hasnt missed a league game in 3 or something years. Not to mention his age and performances this year.

No way, in my opinion.

Lambert took a chance on him, pulled him up from a lower league and has then played him in every game. I have a feeling that Lowton, like Westwood, is one of those players that we could see here for a good few years.

And this is why they are sniffing around!