Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

As others have said we need to get rid of a lot of players!

Given, Dunne, Ireland, Bent, Makoun, Hutton.

Need to sign Wieman Bentekkers and Lowton to new long term deals!

Get a decent CB and LB as Joe Bennett for me aint cutting the mustard.

• Like 1

Given is not for the 1,000000th time injury prone, their will be takers for him but not sure who maybe even Arsenal as they cannot trust any of their current keepers. their is still older keepers around playing regularly

They made it permanent, it was announced on the OS earlier this year.

I think Lambert will be able to get rid of Given, Ireland & Bent.

I can't see them all being happy to sit on the bench for another season, especially when Lambert is presumably going to continue the re-build in the summer.

They made it permanent, it was announced on the OS earlier this year.

I think Lambert will be able to get rid of Given, Ireland & Bent.

I can't see them all being happy to sit on the bench for another season, especially when Lambert is presumably going to continue the re-build in the summer.

Fair enough, its a shame out of all the players i mentioned I feel he could have something to offer and never really got a fair crack of the whip. 

I guess he was on silly GH wages...

There is a hell of a lot of squad rebuilding that still needs doing.  The core of the squad that I think that will remain is

Guzan, Lowton, Lichaj, Baker, Clark, Vlaar, Bennett, Delph, Westwood, Al Ahmadi, Sylla, Weimann, Benteke, Gabby.  Then it depends on which younger players PL thinks are good enough to make the step up and 4 or 5 signings.

Given is not for the 1,000000th time injury prone, their will be takers for him but not sure who maybe even Arsenal as they cannot trust any of their current keepers. their is still older keepers around playing regularly

He wasnt but he is now. Played in euros when he was clearly injured.

We should make Wilfred Bony a priority in the summer, probably cost around 7-10 m.

Well we know the management like him as we were 90% done on a deal just before deadline day, until Vitesse moved the goalposts at the last second.

Could be one of those transfers where you say "what if". We got Benteke anyways so it turned out alright I guess.  :ph34r:

Don't know. It's not like they're similar players. Lambert said in his presser yesterday that he wanted a target man type player, and while Bony is decent in the air he aint especially tall.

So Makoun and Dunne will definitely be gone, Bent will be quite easy to shift, though if Benteke gets sold for massive money then he could still have a future.  I reckon someone like Southampton could go for Given, which leaves Hutton and Ireland who other teams would be utterly bonkers to go for.  Lambert would be a magician if he can get rid of everyone, I guess a loan is a likely scenario for the last two.  The Zog may have to go instead if we can't get rid of them.

So we need a back-up keeper, not fussed who

Quality centre-half from Europe

Phil Neville?  Don't laugh - experienced defensive mid, cover for full-back(s), one-year contract with possible coaching role

Scott Sinclair possibly, replace N'Zogbia

Striker to replace Bent, Bony?  Not seen much of him tbh

But I expect not to have heard of quite a few of our targets, just some ideas.

So Makoun and Dunne will definitely be gone, Bent will be quite easy to shift, though if Benteke gets sold for massive money then he could still have a future.  I reckon someone like Southampton could go for Given, which leaves Hutton and Ireland who other teams would be utterly bonkers to go for.  Lambert would be a magician if he can get rid of everyone, I guess a loan is a likely scenario for the last two.  The Zog may have to go instead if we can't get rid of them.

Phil Neville?  Don't laugh - experienced defensive mid, cover for full-back(s), one-year contract with possible coaching role

Neville - have a word with yourself. Not really fitting the current pattern is it.

Sinclair - more likely but wages will  be an issue. Plus he's done **** all for a season - there are equally effective, cheaper options that won't have been bench warming

Bony - too much like Benteke..... plus its not really a priority area for next season.

Neville - have a word with yourself. Not really fitting the current pattern is it.

Sinclair - more likely but wages will  be an issue. Plus he's done **** all for a season - there are equally effective, cheaper options that won't have been bench warming

Bony - too much like Benteke..... plus its not really a priority area for next season.

I know, I feel a little dirty even suggesting Neville.  But there are some upsides:

a) he can fill a role in midfield on a short-term basis while Sylla settles in more before taking over permanently

b )he's better cover at full-back than Lichaj

c) his professionalism is top class

d) he wants to be a coach so may be willing to come on a cheap, short-term deal, leaving money free for elsewhere

The downside is he's Phil Neville and about 35, but I don't think we'd be giving him a 3-year deal so age won't be a problem

Edited by sharkyvilla

Bony's agent is already pushing for a CL club, i think the best we will get out of him this summer is someone like spurs / arsenal seeing him as a cheaper option than benteke, no chance of him coming here IMO had too good a season