Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Any chance we'll be back in for Jelle Vossen if Bent or god forbid Benteke leaves?

From what i've seen he's a bit similar to (an in form) Bent, one touch finisher who always seems to be at the right place at the right time

Any chance we'll be back in for Jelle Vossen if Bent or god forbid Benteke leaves?

From what i've seen he's a bit similar to (an in form) Bent, one touch finisher who always seems to be at the right place at the right time

he plays best in a 4-4-2 though.I doubt he'll be able to perform on the wing, so he'd be a back  up to Benteke at best. the only difference with Bent would be that his wages are lower

So who's going to buy Bent and how much for?

Stoke £12m.

I think we will be doing well getting 8m

Bidding war with new Sky money. They'll be interest from all the clubs in the lower half of the PL. Not every summer a proven 15+ goal striker in PL that's not wanted by one of the the big clubs is up for grabs.

So who's going to buy Bent and how much for?

I think best teams for him would be Fulham or Everton maybe Baggies if dont re-sign Lukaku

I can see Berba out Bent in at Fulham

Would be more than happy to replicate what we did last summer, in which case I can't think of any names to suggest because I will probably have never heard of who we do end up signing...

Recognized experienced international in his late 20's - approx. £4m - central midfield (will become vice captain).

Unheard of mid 20's player from Holland/Belgium, will turn out to have great stats over last 2-3 seasons - £2.5m - LB

Three unheard of 21 year old championship players - £2-3m each. Centre half, creative type, wide attacker.

Unheard of beast like, dominant 21 year old from Holland/Belgium/France - £7.5m deadline day signing. Will be CB - must have exotic surname. Will subsequently turn out to be young Player of the year.

Perhaps those with ESPN/Football manager could suggest the names?

Edit - And all the dross we currently have will be sold too.

Edited by El-Reacho

It's tough El-Reacho, God knows who is on Lambert's radar.  There are probably a few other managers who'd like to have a look in his notebook.  If City have a clear-out then Lescott to partner Vlaar would be handy, but then there are financial issues there.  Scott Sinclair also has wasted a season but is probably on too much for what Lambert wants.  I'm pretty sure he has a very deep knowledge of players and how they might or might not fit in to what he wants to build, which is what matters most.

It's tough El-Reacho, God knows who is on Lambert's radar.  There are probably a few other managers who'd like to have a look in his notebook.  If City have a clear-out then Lescott to partner Vlaar would be handy, but then there are financial issues there.  Scott Sinclair also has wasted a season but is probably on too much for what Lambert wants.  I'm pretty sure he has a very deep knowledge of players and how they might or might not fit in to what he wants to build, which is what matters most.

Lescott seems a logical fit in every way except Lambert doesn't really have any track record of this sort of signing. He's probably thinking why should I break the wage budget to get this guy when I could could just go and get my own Nastasic.

Nearly everyone we've signed will at least keep their value in resale (Vlaar perhaps exception) - Lescott would be like Dunne we would have to pay a big transfer fee, big wages, and he would be worth very little after 2-3 years.

Sinclair on the other hand seems logical and the local journalists are reporting this too. Hopefully if he has to take a pay cut City will just pay the difference in his wages - think they did this with Given, Dunne, and Ireland in a lump sum.

I would fancy robson-kanu to have as a back up to Gabby and Weimann. in exchange send Albrighton on loan to reading so he can get a full season as a starter in the championship. this can't be too costly, fee or wages.

dawkins is on loan for that reason, a back-up on the wings so Lambert will probably look for this type again

I think 1st thing we need in summer is a centre half. I think a capable centre half, Baker, Vlaar and Clark would be a decent 4 to have at centre half.

I dont think left back is a worry yet, Bennett has shown signs of improvement but in the bigger games can push to Baker left and new defender with Vlaar at centre

Of all the years we've done this thread and as pointless as it was back then, I think this year it is utterly futile. We won't have a clue who we're getting 'til we get them, then we still won't know who they are :D

Of all the years we've done this thread and as pointless as it was back then, I think this year it is utterly futile. We won't have a clue who we're getting 'til we get them, then we still won't know who they are but people will automatically think they are shit as they are not famous names

fixed for you ;)