Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

its not about players getting worse. But id rather take a chance on a Benteke for less salary than Odemwingie. plus about 7 years in age difference

its not about benteke v odemwingie..its about replacing players with better ones, is holman better then odem? we need some better quality & every team above us has them.

great stuff..great choice.. keeping players like holman is the reason were in the brown..ffs wba hit 40points 6-8weeks ago.. if you think holman or any player in not a mercenary think again..they are all the same pal.

great stuff..great choice.. keeping players like holman is the reason were in the brown..ffs wba hit 40points 6-8weeks ago.. if you think holman or any player in not a mercenary think again..they are all the same pal.

oh yes of course they are lets write off and generalise about every person who's taken up a career in football. All the evidence is there of course.

if we were to stay up and Wigan, QPR and Reading went down, my ideal transfer list would be:

OUT:

1 Given - out of favour

2 Hutton - out of favour

5 Dunne - end of contract

7 Ireland - out of favour

9 Bent - out of favour

17 Makoun - previous agreement

19 Petrov - end of contract

24 Dawkins - end of loan

33 Marshall - end of contract

I would also consider selling/loaning out Delfouneso, Herd and Lichaj but those 9 players are definite priority for leaving and 9 first-team players leaving is a lot as it is

IN - some of this list maybe not all

M'Bia - QPR

McCarthy - Wigan

Murphy - Crewe

Cavanda - Lazio

Hooper - Celtic

Sinclair - Man City

Douglas - Twente

Dier - Lisbon

Think all of those transfers are fairly realistic, some obviously harder than others to pull off but i think that lot would be a great bit of business and would start to push us higher up the table on a better wage budget

I'd take Mathieu Flamini from AC Milan.

You might but Lambert wouldn't.

Newspapers say otherwise, Southampton were also linked... 

Yeah mate i suppose its a valid link ok but i don't see Lambert buying a 29 year old with a poor injury record even if he is on a free. It goes against everything he is trying to do at the club. Wages might also be another issue?

Sylla is injury prone, so no I don't see your point. Lambert hasn't ruled out buying experienced players, thats just you assuming. 

We've missed Petrov's presence in central midfield, I believe Flamini could be our answer.  

Is he?? does he have a bad record in france then?

oh yes of course they are lets write off and generalise about every person who's taken up a career in football. All the evidence is there of course.

99% of the modern day footballer will move to the highest payer...sorry but £ is right up their with oxygen . 

99% of the modern day footballer will move to the highest payer...sorry but £ is right up there with oxygen . 

I don't think that's true. Being a success and moving up to a more successful club will inevitably mean a bigger wage. I think ambition is a major factor for most young professionals. On the way down, or at the end of a career money is a bigger factor.  

99% of the modern day footballer will move to the highest payer...sorry but £ is right up there with oxygen . 

I don't think that's true. Being a success and moving up to a more successful club will inevitably mean a bigger wage. I think ambition is a major factor for most young professionals. On the way down, or at the end of a career money is a bigger factor.  

right heres the thing  can ASTON VILLA offer a better platform for malumbu to perform to wba? if not then you have to pay him more than what he on at wba. if villa cap £25k a week as stated i dont expect any better players.sorry its a money game,players will go to who fills their boots. ask any genuine man city fan. the fact is if RL wanted villa to 6 he could,it would cost a shed load but he has that power. i would say 80% of this squad of villa players are not genuine Premier League quality..hence were shitting the next 4 games.

• Like 1

right heres the thing  can ASTON VILLA offer a better platform for malumbu to perform to wba? if not then you have to pay him more than what he on at wba. if villa cap £25k a week as stated i dont expect any better players.sorry its a money game,players will go to who fills their boots. ask any genuine man city fan. the fact is if RL wanted villa to 6 he could,it would cost a shed load but he has that power. i would say 80% of this squad of villa players are not genuine Premier League quality..hence were shitting the next 4 games.

A player performing well, moving to a club that is performing better than his current club, or going places happens. The wage increase is just a natural part of that rather than the fundamental catalyst to it.   

Edited by Kingfisher

I'd take Mathieu Flamini from AC Milan.

You might but Lambert wouldn't.

Newspapers say otherwise, Southampton were also linked... 

Yeah mate i suppose its a valid link ok but i don't see Lambert buying a 29 year old with a poor injury record even if he is on a free. It goes against everything he is trying to do at the club. Wages might also be another issue?

Sylla is injury prone, so no I don't see your point. Lambert hasn't ruled out buying experienced players, thats just you assuming. 

We've missed Petrov's presence in central midfield, I believe Flamini could be our answer.  

Is he?? does he have a bad record in france then?

yh, he was out for a year...

if we were to stay up and Wigan, QPR and Reading went down, my ideal transfer list would be:

OUT:

1 Given - out of favour

2 Hutton - out of favour

5 Dunne - end of contract

7 Ireland - out of favour

9 Bent - out of favour

17 Makoun - previous agreement

19 Petrov - end of contract

24 Dawkins - end of loan

33 Marshall - end of contract

I would also consider selling/loaning out Delfouneso, Herd and Lichaj but those 9 players are definite priority for leaving and 9 first-team players leaving is a lot as it is

IN - some of this list maybe not all

M'Bia - QPR

McCarthy - Wigan

Murphy - Crewe

Cavanda - Lazio

Hooper - Celtic

Sinclair - Man City

Douglas - Twente

Dier - Lisbon

Think all of those transfers are fairly realistic, some obviously harder than others to pull off but i think that lot would be a great bit of business and would start to push us higher up the table on a better wage budget

I was thinking Sinclair too. Wages might prove to be a problem though.

I would bite someone's hand off for M'Bia, but, again, wages?

Surely Odemwingie will spend the transfer window in QPR's car park? On a more serious note I think Herd can still have a bright future at VP.

Edited by John

Surely Odemwingie will spend the transfer window in QPR's car park? On a more serious note I think Herd can still have a bright future at VP.

I dont rate herd at all. runs about a lot and generally achieves **** all. headless chicken who occasionaly makes a shit challenge

Better than Delph. Scores goals too.

thats nothing to shout about really tho!

If it was possible i would replace kea, herd, delph, bannan, westwood , sylla and ireland and start all over again in the middle of the park. I wouldnt lose any sleep if i never saw any of them again in a villa shirt. there is nothing special at sll in that list in terms of quality.

• Like 1