Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Would anybody take any Wigan players should they go down?

McCarthy, Kone?

I would definitely....................however, i think there will be many suitors for there services should they become available.

Don't think Kone is anything special. Especially not as a replacement for Benteke..and he wears number frigging 2! A striker should NOT wear number 2

• Like 1

Kone is lazy. Not what you need in a team set up like we are. He'll get you goals but he won't put in a decent effort like Benteke does. 

McCarthy would be a good signing, and Callum McManaman could be a worth a punt on if they go down and is available cheap. 

For a starter, sign Weimann, Benteke and Lowton on improved contracts.

Secondly, get rid of the deadwood or overpaid ie, Ireland, Dunne, Makoun (gone already), Hutton and I'd add Given and Bent to that list as 'overpaid'.

Thirdly, trust in Lambert to bring in the right reinforcements.

• Like 2

What we need to do over this summer window is basically finish the gutting process and offer improved deals for Benteke, Weimann, Lowton etc...

Bent, Given, Ireland, Dunne, Makoun, Hutton, Bannan all to be sold... that would free up a lot of wage wiggle room..

Then we need to set about looking (which should start once we know we are safe) for replacements for these players in the form of young players from the continent and from the lower league and relegated Prem sides..Also another experienced CB, Creative Winger and Attacking mid are needed

Also in that we have our current crop of Under 19's who will be vying for a place in our squads... (Grealish, Burke Graham, Carruthers, Robinson, Donacien, Siegrist etc.. The should have a decision made on them fairly early at what we will do... Either.. Loan them to the lower division clubs to get them first team experience (Siegrist especially)..

Then once we have all those components sorted we have the nucleus of a good side.. We have our younger players a year old in experience, Sylla will have bedded in properly after a full pre season and Lambert can then start to have the full side that is "his".

• Like 1

Its is possible that on the last day Villa and Wigan could have 41 points each and Newcastle have 38. I.e a draw would suit both.

Wigan would have to win 3 and villa need to win 1 and draw 1. Highly unlikely but could happen

What do u think lambert would approach that game?

Its is possible that on the last day Villa and Wigan could have 41 points each and Newcastle have 38. I.e a draw would suit both.

Wigan would have to win 3 and villa need to win 1 and draw 1. Highly unlikely but could happen

He'd go out and try to win it.

Why?

If that happened, both would stay up regardless of a draw/loss by the virtue of Villa and Wigan's goal difference being far superior.

He'd play for a 9 all. To achieve this he would play Benteke up front on his own, drop Guzan & play Bannan in goal only coming out to take the corners.

Wrong thread.

That's what I believe anyway, I reckon Lambert would point to the fact that x amount of fans had made the trip and they wanted to see their team play the way they know the can. Anyway we owe Wigan a good beating after what they did to us at VP this season.

My priorities for new players would be a new CD, preferrably an experienced one, to give some competition and strength in depth in that position.

A new lb to give Bennett some competition or even better.

A strong defensive midfielder who can protect our defence a lot better than the current lot. I've faith in Sylla and Westwood and I think Delph could be a good back up.

A creative midfielder/forward.

Get 4 quality players in those positions in and I think we'll go places. No matter if we play in the PL or in the championship. But if we go down I think we'll have to get a good striker in to rreplace Benteke.

We should make Wilfred Bony a priority in the summer, probably cost around 7-10 m.

Bony will be moving above our level I think. Lot of people saying he will go Chelsea

We should make Wilfred Bony a priority in the summer, probably cost around 7-10 m.

Bony will be moving above our level I think. Lot of people saying he will go Chelsea
He seemed dead set on coming to Villa last summer and I'm not sure he'll want to play 4th fiddle behind Torres, Ba and Lukaku. Edited by ArteSuave

If its anything like the last couple of transfer windows we are in for a few surprises, bar that we shall try and offload some under achievers if we possibly can...

We wont be able to i fear, bar Dunne who is out of contract and perhaps bent. Who wants a keeper who is 35 or 36, injury prone and on 60k a week not to mention he is no where near as good as he was. Might get rid of ireland to cardiff or somebody if we agree to pay half his wages.