Sunderland

Richard

Too tired/elated for research.

But, does DiCanio have any connection with Stan. He applauded (with genuine conviction, I thought) the entire 19 minutes.

I don't want to take anything away from him applauding, but I'd be very surprised if most, if not all, managers hadn't applauded for the entirity of that minute for Stan whenever they've been at VP this season.

Is it just because the cameras showed Di Canio?

I dont mind him. he adds a bit of colour and flair to management and in fairness was very humble in defeat after the game saying we were playing like how he wanted his team to play. 

Also it was a terrible decision on red card, not that it had any impact on game but he will get it appealed.

As for him and Stan, they both played for Celtic so might know each other through some connections there

I think last night showcased why Di Canio may struggle in top flight management.

He sends his players out on the back of a weekly war cry, declaring this latest game to be the most important game in the history of football. This kind of motivation can only last for so long, players aren't going to die for the cause on a weekly basis, and this is exactly what we saw with Sunderland last night. They thought they were good enough to beat us with their ability alone, and they clearly weren't. Motivation can only take you so far, and when you lose, you start to doubt the words of your inspirational leader.

The camera was on him half the bloody game. He's a bit of a chav and needs to realise he's not playing anymore. Managers shouldn't be goading the crowd after a goal.

6-1 bitch!

Too tired/elated for research.

But, does DiCanio have any connection with Stan. He applauded (with genuine conviction, I thought) the entire 19 minutes.

I don't want to take anything away from him applauding, but I'd be very surprised if most, if not all, managers hadn't applauded for the entirity of that minute for Stan whenever they've been at VP this season.

Is it just because the cameras showed Di Canio?

I see what you mean, and yeah most managers have applauded Stan. 

However, to me, he just seemed to enthusiastic about it. Which is of course, no bad thing at all. I was wondering about a link between the players, unless he wanted to come over as sincere and heartfelt to the cameras. 

I've absolutely no problem with how anyone claps for Stan. It's not obligatory at all. 

• Like 1

Di Canio>Lambert

I have been on this site now for ten years,  seen some rubbish posted,  some of it from me actually,  but this is the most absurd and ridiculous statement I have ever seen on this site

I assume you have CI on your ignore list then :D

I have a large ignore list !  It got bigger this month!  I cannot confirm that he is on it,  but I will not deny it !

• Like 1

Their forum is making good reading. They were taking the piss out of us on there all this week.

it does make me laugh when someone mentions buying one of our players when we go down- lowton especially, they get shot down in flames straight away, they come across as fans who know look at our results and stats and somehow know us inside out, defence has been shit overall so lowton must be awful etc etc get the feeling a fair few of them have seen us play twice this season...

also liking the mingolet "top 3 keepers in the league" comments, i think he's decent but nowhere near that good and he was shocking last night

Di Canio>Lambert

I have been on this site now for ten years,  seen some rubbish posted,  some of it from me actually,  but this is the most absurd and ridiculous statement I have ever seen on this site

If you think that's bad you need to head over to the confessions thread!

• Like 1

Their forum is making good reading. They were taking the piss out of us on there all this week.

it does make me laugh when someone mentions buying one of our players when we go down- lowton especially, they get shot down in flames straight away, they come across as fans who know look at our results and stats and somehow know us inside out, defence has been shit overall so lowton must be awful etc etc get the feeling a fair few of them have seen us play twice this season...

also liking the mingolet "top 3 keepers in the league" comments, i think he's decent but nowhere near that good and he was shocking last night

There are Villa fans who watch us week in week out who think the same. Some people are just a bit.... dim. :)

The camera was on him half the bloody game. He's a bit of a chav and needs to realise he's not playing anymore. Managers shouldn't be goading the crowd after a goal.

6-1 bitch!

Thats my issue with him, di canio and Lambert are very similar on the touchline, a lot of walking and going nuts when celebrating, but if your going to goad the opposition fans before the game, then turn and hold your arms aloft like your some sort of blessed saviour when your side gets a goal, you need to have really thick skin to deal with the insults thrown at you, let's be honest "**** off di canio and sit down di canio were just standard chants hurled at most clubs managers up and down the country. It could of get very messy had the result been different last night.

Red card was a little harsh but I don't think they'll win the appeal.

Yeah I wouldn't be appalled if he gave a yellow card, but in hindsight it was just about correct. It's the combination of striking the leg and the force makes it just OK. To appeal is just idiotic from Di Canio, they will probably end up with an extra game IMO. The system will always favor the referees and rightly so, because we all have to respect the human aspect of it all - and this one was not wrong in that it was something that didn't happen. Look at Giroud the other week, I still cannot see why he got a red card. Basically because when he tackled he stopped the force when he rolled his foot over the ball and I didn't see huge contact with the Fulham-player. They tried to appeal but didn't get any change, and Sunderland will not either.

Di Canio probably knows that he will risk another game for Sessegnon, but who cares as he will have to take a day off next season and that is much less important than relegation concerns.

Chance of accepted appeal? 0%

http://i.minus.com/iFGfMwZea8gpX.gif

Edited by Papillon

They won 6-1 and the atmosphere was still only decent. If it was roles reversed the roof would've come off the SoL

lol?.....They also said their fans sang the whole game. I can't really remember hearing them at all.

Edited by Daniel

Â