Sunderland

Richard

It's not really mons problem though, its the method of his managment that has served him well through 12 of his 15 years of managment very well, we all knew he had a very relaxed attitude to training here, but the players always did it on the pitch. It didn't work at sunderland cus, well look at that team. It's awful.

Di canio has come in and tried to get a Group of rather poor players to play above there abilities, and then call them unproffesional and shit when they failed.

Di canio will be a trainwreck next season.

I think Di canio will end up being the loser here, managers do not have as much power as he'd like to think. Unfortunately the power is with the players.

Fair play to him for getting saying he'll ship out those not pulling their weight. Will that attract players to the club after he's shipped these ones out?

Regardless of if Di Canio is right or wrong on this he sounds like he has already lost the players, so what is he going to do? Ship them all out and sign new ones? Good luck with that Paulo.

Old Ellis Short is going to have a decision to make, back him to the hilt financially and with time to ship them all out or pay him off and try someone else. Even if he does back him and he replaces the squad he will fall out with them soon enough. It really is so similar to the Houllier disaster after O'Neill only Di Canio is even more of an arse.

That club is going to be a shit fest all summer and next season and will be interesting to watch from the outside.

Agreed. They will be pure golden entertainment next season.

I think that next season will be the easiest for the promoted teams, with a Sunderland going into selfdestruction mode and Stoke sacking Pulis. 

Also have my doubts about Martin Jol and Fulham next season.

just realised Sunderland still have Wes Brown on a big contract  :D

what a shoddy run club

In fairness they too are trying to recover from O'Neill :D It's taken us 3 years but the bloodletting is nearly done.

just realised Sunderland still have Wes Brown on a big contract  :D what a shoddy run club

In fairness they too are trying to recover from O'Neill :D It's taken us 3 years but the bloodletting is nearly done.

For once I think that we're one of the few teams at our level going into next season in a position of stability.

For once I think that we're one of the few teams at our level going into next season in a position of stability.

Indeed.

It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out.

Just once I'd like to see a manager stick it to these over-paid prima donnas. The problem is players have too much insurance now. What can a manager do to really punish them? Even at the extreme end, sacking a player, the player will still have a huge amount of money to fall back on and they will find another club sooner rather than later.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

Just once I'd like to see a manager stick it to these over-paid prima donna's. The problem is players have too much insurance now. What can a manager do to really punish them? Even at the extreme end, sacking a player, the player will still have a huge amount of money to fall back on and they will find another club sooner rather than later.

I can see possibility for very tightly worded contracts with clauses for dismissal from misbehaving and breaking the rules of the club coming up in future as strandard for every club, if all clubs agree on holding out for the clauses then players can't just say "Well, then I'm going for another club since they don't have those".

Sunderland and QPR problems coming out certainly won't be the last ones so clubs are bound to lose patience sooner or later.

Just once I'd like to see a manager stick it to these over-paid prima donna's. The problem is players have too much insurance now. What can a manager do to really punish them? Even at the extreme end, sacking a player, the player will still have a huge amount of money to fall back on and they will find another club sooner rather than later.

I agree. I don't like DiCanio, but I approve of his stance on this one. Bardsley in particular seems like a proper cock.

Not going to happen folks, you can't just sack people for a bit of bad behaviour regardless of if they are a footballer or if they work in an office. There are employment laws and there are things could tribunals, clubs would find themselves in hot water pretty quick especially when they would only sack players who they wanted rid of and then would excuse behaviour of their stars.

It is just never going to happen I'm afraid.

dont think anything will happen players. but sunderland fans are backing him all the way on this and have to say rightfully so.

I think we had our similar problems 2/3 years ago but players like Collins, Warnock, Carew and Dunne among others gone we are much brighter

Â