Sunderland

Richard

Given the problems they're having at Sunderland with the players, I can see now why they chose Di Canio as he will bust some balls to sort things out but it can turn basicly two-ways, either he succeeds or it'll end up in tears.

Edited by Jarpie

It does put a possible perspective on man-management that happened here, doesn't it? After two years (ESPECIALLY under Houllier) of press stories and backstabbing, moaning about chances and the way the club has been treating them / moaning that the players are lazy etc etc etc...

Lambert comes in and tells Dunne, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Hutton to put up or shut up, full stop.

There's been no media circus this season, and as far as I can remember this season there have been no media blabbing. That's a marked change in management and players responding.

edit - to keep on topic....DiCanio, you're doing it wrong.

Edited by islingtonclaret

The problem Di Canio has is that he is well out of his depth managerially. He took a very large league two team in Swindon Town and got them promoted by outspending everyone else (to the point that they were hit with a transfer embargo). Not saying he doesn't have the potential to be a decent manager but his record is no different from people like John Sheridan, Keith Hill and Garry Waddock. Would they get a premier league manager's job?

Compare his credentials with Lambert who took a League One team, got them in the premier league and then kept them up.

Swindon were close to automatic promotion when he left and have declined since he left

He was a controversial character but he was never anything but professional in how he took care of himself

That's true.  Even outside training sessions, he's been known to practice his arm exercises.

• Like 2

He was a controversial character but he was never anything but professional in how he took care of himself

That's true. Even outside training sessions, he's been known to practice his arm exercises.

Is this the unweighted single arm front raises you're talking about? I think the rep range and weight he uses is too low to see any real benefit IMO. Needs to keep it more balanced as well.

That's true. Even outside training sessions, he's been known to practice his arm exercises.

Is this the unweighted single arm front raises you're talking about? I think the rep range and weight he uses is too low to see any real benefit IMO. Needs to keep it more balanced as well.

There must be some weights involved - look at the expression on his face, the clenched teeth, the scowl.  Must be something really heavy balanced on the part of his arm facing away from the camera.  Or perhaps he's holding the weight in his left arm, out of shot.  Must be something going on to make him pull a face like someone's shoved a pineapple up his tradesman's entrance.

dicanio.jpg

I think he was showing the effort that would be required to do that on Jupiter's surface. Cuz he's brainy innit.

He bangs on about these intense standards he expects from his players, yet refers to their achievement of 8 points from 7 games as a 'miracle'. Hmmm

he is trying to say how rubbish they are ;)

The comparison between their red card count before him and now is interesting and could be an indicator to one aspect of their game next season.

They had none before him and three since he's taken over. It may have been a result of desperate measures in desperate times but I think it'll carry on next season.

It'll be called 'Passion' <_<  

To be fair for PDC, he managed to get them win two games, with MON in charge they'd gotten relegated. Sunderland would be doomed with anyone in charge given the disciplinary issues they're having, I just can't fathom why MON let the players ran afoul like that.

Based on how they did with him in the 8 games he'll be sacked before january.

yet it was an improvement on previous manger who wouldnt let the players out of their own half in a number of gutless diplays.

Sunderland fans said with MON they still would have lost to us but 1-0 as would not actually attacked in the game

The man is a prat but I can not see a problem with his stance on the players.

Morally or from a practical standpoint?

It's one thing to say that the players deserve it, it's another to say that it will work in the form of long-term results on the pitch.

Â