Sunderland

Richard

Just shows what a horrible little bunch of players they've got up at Sunderland, this showman comes in and they play for him but hung o'neill out to dry.  I don't have an ounce of pity for MON after the way he left us but i can't help but think they'll struggle much like we are currently. 

Cant agree. Sunderland under MON was setup like McLeish set up Villa and some of their performances were as gutless and dull as Eck had. 

Cant be a coincidence that now they are encouraged to attack the players liek Sessegnon and Johnson look more dangerous

Even if that ends up being true, it's way WAY too early to tell yet.

Personally I don't think Di Canio will be a success in the long term there. I think he was the perfect manager to bring in when they did. He's passionate enough and lively enough to get the players fired up and win a couple of games when he first comes in.

But from what my Swindon supporting mate tells me about him, I think he's more likely to upset a lot of players the longer he's there.

Genuine question, how many visiting managers have applauded for the entire 19th minute? Di Canio went up in my estimation for that (although he was coming from a long ways back).

Genuine question, how many visiting managers have applauded for the entire 19th minute? Di Canio went up in my estimation for that (although he was coming from a long ways back).

Not sure about the answer to this but I was pleasantly surprised to see him cheer for Stan. 

Edited by Czechlad

DiCanio: "I went to St James' Park without any sort of worry - you can't imagine I would be worried at Villa Park, with all respect."

:D  :D  :D  :D  haha w@nker! enjoy the long drive home paulo, cheerio. can we play you every week?

• Like 1

Any sign of a post-match interview from Dickanio yet? Should be interesting...

Sky interview was particularly incomprehensible. Disagreed with the red card and will appeal and fairly clear that we wanted it more (Sunderland were complacent) but the rest of it was just gibberish.

Â