The Randy Lerner thread

CI

From the "for what it's worth department" ...

This is Randy Lerner's restaurant, called The Meeting House, in the very upscale Hamptons area of Long Island, New York. I believe he also has a pretty big estate nearby.

How much does the restaurant say about the man? Who knows? Probably not much, actually.

What I can safely say from my perspective in the NYC area, it's kind of ... well, really QUITE boring. 

It doesn't take any big $$$ chances or culinary risks, and offers what is essentially overpriced American comfort food to a financially comfortable clientele. Not my cuppa, that's for sure, but there is a market for this sort of thing, and as far as I know, it's doing well as a business. But this is very Old Money part of America with few signs of social tension. Think Chiltern Hills -- or something like that.

But don't count on any exotic, very expensive dishes suddenly to appear on the menu -- um, say some Spanish delicacy -- and please keep the noise down not to frighten off potential buyers wink wink wink.

This is a restaurant owned by someone with a conservative, somewhat sheltered, non-confrontational, slightly skittish approach to doing business. That's my read, at least.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

If you search Google news for Gilan Holding there are quite a few Azerbaijani language results reporting the rumoured interest. They're all basically saying the same thing but if it's making the media over there it might force the group to come out and deny interest.

I promised myself that if the initial takeover thread fell off the first page of Villatalk, I wouldn't let myself get excited again until we had something a concrete.

Paul Allen is an unrealistic pipe dream.

I, for one, am glad that wild takeover rumours are back. VT has been somewhat boring without them. I used to get a little bit excited getting off from work and opening the takeover thread to see what whimsical links to multi-billionairs were being touted around each day.

Bring them on I say, the more fantasy based the better.

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 2

Â