The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Go back 7 months, another forum, who had a bit of credibility after announcing the departure of kersa & culverhouse before anyone else, followed it up with some itk that we had been sold, dependent on staying up.

A few weeks ago, the original founder of that forum said on twitter it was all bollocks from the start, they had no itk and never did have.

Hence why I think this is bullshit again.

There is no sale close in my opinion. Would have been announced as the morale is so lowest it's been in years and everyone just needs a boost

Make no sense to keep it a secret.

The sad thing is when Lerner first came in we had various groups interested in is now none wants us and we are in a much better position

Randy, if you see this please bear this in mind:

Whenever Villa have been relegated in their history, there's always been a Scottish manager in charge.

The last four seasons have seen us battle against relegation and each time there's been a Scotsman in charge. I think that says it all so can you please spare us any further torture.

• Like 2

A few weeks ago, the original founder of that forum said on twitter it was all bollocks from the start, they had no itk and never did have.

Got a link for that Tweet? Or their username? Curious to read that post and the fallout from it

Whenever Villa have been relegated in their history, there's always been a Scottish manager in charge.

The last four seasons have seen us battle against relegation and each time there's been a Scotsman in charge. I think that says it all so can you please spare us any further torture.

Gordon Strachan it is

None of the rumours at the moment have anything to do with TBAR anyway,they've come from Jonny Gould, whether or not that makes them anymore plausible who knows. I suppose when people feel sad about the team then they have wild dreams about a takeover, but sooner or later it's going to happen for real.

Randy, if you see this please bear this in mind:

Our most successful manager ever was also Scottish.

I disagree - every now and again these smaller clubs throw up a good side - some manage to ride the wave longer than others.....lets see where swansea are in 5 years 

imagine if someone would have asked you in MONs last season.

lets see where Villa are in 5 years 

next season you will be able to say

The Championship

I disagree - every now and again these smaller clubs throw up a good side - some manage to ride the wave longer than others.....lets see where swansea are in 5 years

imagine if someone would have asked you in MONs last season.

lets see where Villa are in 5 years

next season you will be able to say

The Championship[/

Delete

Edited by dounavilla

The sold but dependent on survival is just the most tell tale sign that the person saying it is talking absolute nonsense, who would even begin to believe thats how people do business for 100's of millions?

Not really. "I will agree to £150 million if you manage to stay in the Premier league, 100 million if not.! Lerner wouldn't agree to that, he wants and needs £150 million

The sold but dependent on survival is just the most tell tale sign that the person saying it is talking absolute nonsense, who would even begin to believe thats how people do business for 100's of millions?

Not really. "I will agree to £150 million if you manage to stay in the Premier league, 100 million if not.! Lerner wouldn't agree to that, he wants and needs £150 million

"Needs" ? Is he getting married again ?

"Needs" ? Is he getting married again ?

If he didn't "need" it, why would he not let us go on the cheap??

Seriously, how many times have we been sold "dependent on staying in the PL"?

That is the greatest load of absolute sh1te I've ever hear. No one does a deal like that. No one. Anyone who had enough business acumen to be running an organisation that can afford to buy a top flight football club would break their sides laughing at that suggestion.

Ya know what they'd do? They'd wait. Why put your money where your mouth is if you are prepared to wait until the summer anyway. Why commit to a price? The club and owner would be in utter dissaray if relegation happened. You could get it for a song.

OR

You're committed to purchasing the club so you do it now and begin investing, you know like a business?

The amount of people willing to think that successful CEO's go around to meetings saying "I'll give you £150m for it! OR WILL I!!!??? Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhh!!"

• Like 2

Â