The Randy Lerner thread

CI

20% of Atletico Madrid was sold for £34 million making Atletico worth £170 million (simplified I know). Randy started negotiations at £200 million. Taking into acount location, playing staff, and recent success how can those prices be.

More money in the Premier League due to TV rights. 

I think he's just following lines of enquiry. Just because he's contacted Allen's people about this, I don't think it means he's suddenly ditching the idea of the Azerbaijanis. Maybe there's nothing in either link, but I find it a nice change from reading people arguing about Paul Lambert.

• Like 1

Gould tweeted a reply from Vulcan about Allen rumours.

B75krWrIUAAqeqw.jpg

I really was not expecting a Vulcan takeover.  :) But I trust Randy will recall Mr Spok's wise words when opening negotiations by mind meld namely that:

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." 

I also cannot get that old Paul Evans song out of my head now which goes:

“Hello, this is Joannie, I'm sorry but I'm not home

But if you leave me your name and number

I promise, soon as I get in I'll phone”

Who would have thought she would be working the telephone for Vulcan now? 

I am going to cling on to the hope that change will come if not now and in this form then one day soon. As Jean-Luk Picard would no doubt say "Make it so".  :D 

• Like 2

Gould tweeted a reply from Vulcan about Allen rumours.

B75krWrIUAAqeqw.jpg

One thing in that that I find interesting is that, assuming it's the US branch of Edelman, they referred to us in a much more familiar terms than you would expect from an American PR crowd. "Aston Villa". Not "Aston Villa Football Club" as would almost always be the case, but "Aston Villa". I'd need to see the email Gould sent to be sure, but that seems a little strange - having dealt with plenty of American PR firms, and Edelman themselves, regularly over the past 5 years

• Like 1

Biggest in the world no?

Also they are pretty open to him contacting them again.

That's a pretty standard sign off for anyone involved in/with the media. It's rare you'll ever not get that in a reply to be honest. Last email I sent from my work account today:

"Hope this helps, if you've got any more questions feel free to get in touch!

Thanks

Pete"

Do I actually care whether I helped them or not? Not particularly. But it's standard fare in this game.

From the wording though, Gould contacted Allen's company, who contacted Edelman, who contacted Gould. I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest. That's a lot of hassle to go to to deny something a relatively irrelevant journalist from half the world away asked based on a little rumour

Edited by P3te

Biggest in the world no?

Also they are pretty open to him contacting them again.

That's a pretty standard sign off for anyone involved in/with the media. It's rare you'll ever not get that in a reply to be honest. Last email I sent from my work account today:

"Hope this helps, if you've got any more questions feel free to get in touch!

Thanks

Pete"

Do I actually care whether I helped them or not? Not particularly. But it's standard fare in this game.

From the wording though, Gould contacted Allen's company, who contacted Edelman, who contacted Gould. I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest. That's a lot of hassle to go to to deny something a relatively irrelevant journalist from half the world away asked based on a little rumour

yeah i do that too and hope they dont actually send follow up emails... add the odd kind regards etc.

look in the end.. i dont think you can read into it.. the person that did respond is most likely not in a position to know any potential deals regardless.

Edited by KSV

the person that did respond is most likely not in a position to know any potential deals regardless.

Correct. She only graduated in 2010, and she's only a wet day in a senior account exec (sounds a lot swankier than it actually is) position. She says what she's told to say

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30915985

Wasn't sure where to post this, but we are number 22 on theDeloitte  Money League list 2013/2014 or whatever.

England's 14 money league representatives (revenues for 2013-14 season, in euros)

2. Manchester United (518m)

20. Everton (144.1m)

6. Manchester City (414.4m)

21. West Ham United (137.4m)

7. Chelsea (387.9m)

22. Aston Villa (133m)

8. Arsenal (359.3m)

25. Southampton (126.9m)

9. Liverpool (305.9m)

27. Sunderland (124.8m)

13. Tottenham Hotspur (215.8m)

29. Swansea City (118m)

19. Newcastle United (155.1m)

30. Stoke City (117.6m)

the person that did respond is most likely not in a position to know any potential deals regardless.

Correct. She only graduated in 2010, and she's only a wet day in a senior account exec (sounds a lot swankier than it actually is) position. She says what she's told to say

Whatever the case, it's interesting as usually it's just flat-out denial or rubbishing the story.

I think something needs to change before we find a buyer:-

Officially the club has been up for sale for 8 months - in reality its probably closer to 2 years. In that time any likley buyers will have been sounded out - it would that therefore that despite looking for a buyer for around 2 years - no one is interested  - Andy Gray said as much in his attempts to drum up interest amongst the arabs.  So unless some billionairre wakes up one morning and suddenley thinks 'Im going to buy Aston Villa' the current situation will remain, as it has at Everton and Newcastle - why should we we be different ?

So Radically dropping the asking price - or\and us getting relegated may alert a whole different group of people......

Other than that a frontman lead consortuim seems the most likley

But the chances of mega rich geezer buying us look slim IMO - personally I am hoping for someone who could run the club with better expertise....(not that I wouldn't some guy throwing millions at us - but I just don't see it)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30915985

Wasn't sure where to post this, but we are number 22 on theDeloitte  Money League list 2013/2014 or whatever.

England's 14 money league representatives (revenues for 2013-14 season, in euros)

2. Manchester United (518m)

20. Everton (144.1m)

6. Manchester City (414.4m)

21. West Ham United (137.4m)

7. Chelsea (387.9m)

22. Aston Villa (133m)

8. Arsenal (359.3m)

25. Southampton (126.9m)

9. Liverpool (305.9m)

27. Sunderland (124.8m)

13. Tottenham Hotspur (215.8m)

29. Swansea City (118m)

19. Newcastle United (155.1m)

30. Stoke City (117.6m)

another link here:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-aston-villa-west-brom-8493635

Things may not be going too well on the pitch for Aston Villa and West Brom - but off the pitch it is a different story altogether.

Aston Villa and West Brom have been named in the  top 40 clubs in the world in revenue terms, with Villa's turnover of £112.2m last year putting them 22nd in world football.

The  Football Money League  from business advisory firm  Deloitte  reports that while sales figures at West Bromwich Albion, one of the top flight’s few profitable clubs, were not revealed, a new broadcasting deal would see its 2013 sales of £69.7 million eclipsed.

Austin Houlihan, senior manager at Deloitte, said more good news is on the way too.

Find out which football men figure in The Birmingham Post Rich List here

He said: “The Premier League’s new broadcast deals have translated into big revenue increases across the English top flight. In fact, every Premier League club reported record revenues in 2013/14.

“Additionally, the Premier League is currently negotiating for the next cycle of media rights and further uplifts are anticipated.”

Football revenue has been on the increase in the last two decades, but as the era of huge player wages spiralled, the clubs have struggled financially.

As a result, while Villa, and Albion are in the money, Villa reported a loss of £51.8 million in its most recent accounts.

This was down to staff costs, which were £71.9 million at Villa.

Albion made a £6 million profit, a figure that bucks the trend in the country.

Revenue outside the top flight is far lower in England – latest accounts show Wolverhampton Wanderers posted a loss of £30.4 million and Birmingham City made losses of £4 million.

Randy will be having a shit fit about this.....

Aston Villa: Club given £60k Football Association fine

Aston Villa have been fined £60,000 and warned as to their future conduct after their players' behaviour in a game against Leicester City is deemed unacceptable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30933528

Â