The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Swansea had a vision and a philosophy of how the game should be played and stuck to it. I guess some would say at the start they hadn't the wherewithal to do it, steely determination and Nous has seen them through.

They recruited managers that would carry it on and fitted the model.

conversely we sold our soul to the devil and pursued smash & grab football that just papered over cracks,gave us a sort of immediate fix, kept managers in lucrative jobs, brain washed some fans in to thinking we were better than we really were and what bit of part time success ( ego related pride) we gleaned from it washed away like the ebbing tide.....just no substance to it at all.

I disagree - every now and again these smaller clubs throw up a good side - some manage to ride the wave longer than others.....lets see where swansea are in 5 years 

• Like 1

Just looking on Jonny Gould's twitter and someone asking him if there was any truth in the Azerbaijan bid and he's answered that 'there was substance to the bid' he seems pretty adamant about it.

Just looking on Jonny Gould's twitter and someone asking him if there was any truth in the Azerbaijan bid and he's answered that 'there was substance to the bid' he seems pretty adamant about it.

was?

when Martin O'Neill walked out the door....What we did'nt realise at the time, was, Randy walked out another.

one went physically....they both went spiritually at the same time.

Disagree, I think it was a year later that it became clear that his heart wasn't in it. I get the impression that there was a genuine desire to push forward under Houllier but that didn't work out for various reasons, the main reason obviously being his health - I think that was when Lerner probably decided that he'd had enough. It was around the 2011/12 season that we started hearing rumours about him looking to sell as well.

• Like 1

Hes never recovered from the biggest fyou in football and that was hiring McLeish...and i dont care he was from small heath, he was just an awful manager.

Lambert has done no better

It was the appointment of McLeish I was talking about rather than how we all knew he turned out. I was on bored with Lambert just not keeping him.

when Martin O'Neill walked out the door....What we did'nt realise at the time, was, Randy walked out another.

one went physically....they both went spiritually at the same time.

, I think it was a year later that it became clear that his heart wasn't in it. 

Thats why i said we didn't realise at the time.

Its just my view.....your view is equally as feasible.

Edited by TRO

Can you just leave the club please. Or sack the manager and put the mods at VT in charge to find someone new cause I don't trust you with appointing a new one. Why did you give all the money to MON? Idiot.

Speaking to a lawyer last night. He's involved in football behind the scenes, and represents a few players. Anyway he said there's a lot of talk that Villa have been Sold and there will be an announcement in the summer. Owners said to be similar to City, in that they own or want to own a few clubs. Don't shoot the messenger.

Speaking to a lawyer last night. He's involved in football behind the scenes, and represents a few players. Anyway he said there's a lot of talk that Villa have been Sold and there will be an announcement in the summer. Owners said to be similar to City, in that they own or want to own a few clubs. Don't shoot the messenger.

If we were sold it would be announced. There is nothing to gain from holding that information to the summer.

• Like 1

Yeah sure

It wouldn't be announced if it was dependent on relegation. Although it's understandable people being sceptical because we had tonnes of these sort of posts in the summer. Sounds like an extension of the Azerbaijan rumours to me, they own a team already and are said to be in a similar to the City owners but on a smaller scale.

"It wouldn't be announced if it was dependent on relegation". Agreed useless but they could back a few deals or Randy could to make sure relegation does not get in the way of any such deal if there was one.  

• Like 1

Even if that was the term would it still not make sense to announce it?

There'd be nothing but amazing support every game if the club announced we are to be sold when we retain our premier league status.

Yup! Everyone would see light at the end of the tunnel and would get right behind the team. 

Also, Lerner would be spending a bit of cash now to ensure we don't get relegated if a deal was already in place.

I really don't believe we've been sold. 

I don't think we've been sold but at the same time even if a deal was in place I don't think Lerner would be spending a huge amount to help make certain of it. We've already spent more than I expected anyway with the signing of Gil and I think we might get a few more in. The takeover will come like a thief in the night, doubt we'll hear much through official channels.

Even if that was the term would it still not make sense to announce it?

There'd be nothing but amazing support every game if the club announced we are to be sold when we retain our premier league status.

t

And then if we got relegated and they pulled the plug how would you feel???

Â