The Randy Lerner thread

CI

A few are saying that there's talk in the media that they're in talks for a 225 dollar takeover. There are others in Azerbaijani as well. It only takes one false tweet to start of rumours though, so probably nothing to see.

A few are saying that there's talk in the media that they're in talks for a 225 dollar takeover. There are others in Azerbaijani as well. It only takes one false tweet to start of rumours though, so probably nothing to see.

**** me. Randy' reduced his price. I could afford 225 dollars. I'd have a hell of a job finding money for anything else. I'll put a bid for that amount . We have sunk haven't we?
  • Like 1

It looks like the Azerbaijan media are reporting on the Jonny Goulds tweet that the Mail carried. I bet this will turn up in a national soon as its in their press now. All because of one tweet!! Not sure where they've got the figure from probably creative writing!! Anyway we can still dream. Owned by a country would put us right in the mixer!!

• Like 1

http://contact.az/docs/2015/Social/011900103420en.htm#.VLz7evn5X3g.twitter

The owners of the group of companies «Gilan Holding» intends to buy an English football club, "Aston Villa" from the Premier League, said yesterday  the British media Jonny Gould, one of the sponsors of the team.

A month ago there was a talk on selling "Aston Villa" to the American billionaire Mark Kyubanu. But there are usually the rumors around the "blanks", then comes a real buyer, like  Kamaladdin Heydarov.  The stocks of the  "Aston Villa" was put up for sale by the main club owner Randy Lerner last year.

«Gilan Holding» is not the first owner of easy money, which has attracted European football teams amid falling oil prices. The well-known "family" businessman Hafiz Mammadov has completed the purchase of the English football club, "Sheffield Wednesday", which plays in the "Championship" - the second biggest league in England. The owner  of Baghlan Group already owns the French club "Lance" and the local team of "Baku". In addition, in November last year it was aimed at "Port" - one of the leaders of the Iberian football. Moreover, Hafka intends to expand its cooperation in the field of advertising with European football clubs. Earlier in this segment were presented Madrid "Atletico" and again the French "Lance". It is noteworthy that "Hafka",  is traditionally represented in the Portuguese press as "one of the most influential people possessing untold wealth."

So, only one "Hafka" has spent a total of more than 100 million euro on its  interest in sports, despite the obvious problems bordering actual bankruptcy. Now he is in debt, and government agencies undermine  his business.

According to experts, the reason  of hobbies  of local oligarchs in business in which they do not understand anything, is that basically they do not earn on their assets, but  on the funds assigned to them "on the highest command." --17D—

• Like 1

hmmm the owner is Kamaladdin Heydarov (Gilan Holdings) and he is friends with Prince William (Villa Fan) 

Gilian Holdings networth is $53.9billion through his holdings

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8299344/WikiLeaks-William-Harry-and-the-Abramovich-of-Azerbaijan.html

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

I think the Azerbaijani press are just getting their stories from what Jonny Gould tweeted. He's said he's had troube making the story stick but he's going to try and come at it from a different angle, whatever that means. I think it's going to be that they showed interest but then backed away.

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner, after trying to offload the club, is said to be energised about taking the team forward having brought in former Arsenal commercial director Tom Fox as CEO.

Nevertheless, there is speculation billionaire Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, the richest owner in the NFL whose Seattle Seahawks have reached back-to-back Superbowls, could be interested in buying Villa.

Allen, who was in talks to buy Southampton in 2007, part-owns MLS side Seattle Sounders. Villa are sceptical about any bid but a source involved with Allen’s investment vehicle Vulcan said: ‘This is Americans talking to Americans.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2917198/Manchester-United-sponsorship-worth-750m-forces-adidas-reassess-relationship-England-cricket.html

• Like 2

Did I read somewhere that Andy Gray was trying to find us an oversee buyer?

I read today that Andy Gray was pimping us out to rich Middle Eastern gentlemen. Should I be as worried as I am?

Paul Allen, yea right! Far too good to be true.

My thoughts too. I've given up believing anything good about this club, or that anything good can happen. The club has gone from the thing I lived and breathed, to something that feels like a true love lost. I just want to feel that joy again, you know...

• Like 1

Paul Allen would be superb. A link up with Seattle would be nice, we could send our youngsters there or loanees. He built the best stadium in the NFL, so expect good improvements to the ground. If......

I thought our most successful manager ever was born in Birkenhead Mantis.  ;)

In what way is Ron Saunders more successful than George Ramsay?

I was looking at the post of "manager" the first of which we had in 1934 Mantis. But if we are including the post of "secretary/manager" then George has my vote as well.   

Did I read somewhere that Andy Gray was trying to find us an oversee buyer? 

He told Jonny Gould that (link on Page 862) but it was the local sheiks whose ears he had been bending and Jonny said he had been unable to get any comment on the Gilan Holdings thing.

I doubt anything is happening just yet. But even if it is not news of a possible deal might remind potential buyers that we are still for sale and that they might miss out on a great deal if they continue to do nothing about it! 

Â