The Randy Lerner thread

CI

You dont understand ffp. Ffp wasn't brought in to stop clubs wracking up huge debts & then going out og business, it was brought in because they didn't want son football buying their way into the champions league and ruining the gravy train for the big clubs

Oh, I agree. But it is masquerading as stopping clubs going under.

Didn't all the clubs vote for this? Or was it just decided by FIFA or FA?

Most voted yes, villa, Fulham & reading voted no. At the time talk was that we voted no because randy was still going to put money in, but we voted no because he was planning to sell us and knew this rule would put people off, after all, why would you buy a club that needed big investment to push it on when you cant give that investment without being punished. The same reason why Fulham & reading voted no, they were up for sale too.

Jonny Gould ‏@jonnygould 10h10 hours ago

I promise something entertaining on the #avfc takeover story soon!

That's the tweet I think people are getting their wires crossed and he just means he's going to write an entertaining article or something.

But.. I read on TBAR...

What happened to Jonny Gould's entertaining takeover story?

He conducted an interview with Andy Gray and they talked about the takeover (or lack of) which he has linked to on his twitter, I think that is what he was referring to. He has mentioned a few times interest from Azerbaijan, haven't a clue what that's about.

i think its time for the 'money sign' signs to be produced again at Villa park, like we done under DD

Can't spend more then we have been though...

So getting rid of Lerner make no difference then with regards transfers.  Hasnt paid over 7 figs for a player in 3 years!

The fact that 7 months on from publicly announcing the club is for sale we appear to be no closer to him finding a buyer shows how big an idiot he was to make the announcement he did.

We could be in limbo for years to come because he has pissed his money away in some kind of mid life crisis and now thinks that the club should pay him back for his mistakes.

Doug was bad but this prat is much worse and much bigger threat to the health of our club!!

• Like 1

i think its time for the 'money sign' signs to be produced again at Villa park, like we done under DD

So getting rid of Lerner make no difference then with regards transfers. Hasnt paid over 7 figs for a player in 3 years!

Pretty much. Until we improve income it doesn't matter who on owns us unless they happy to pay big fines

So getting rid of Lerner make no difference then with regards transfers. Hasnt paid over 7 figs for a player in 3 years!
Pretty much. Until we improve income it doesn't matter who on owns us unless they happy to pay big fines

I'm not sure I believe our current wage bill is at the maximum level we can afford

FFP is a valid reason why we won't get close to challenging top 4. I don't think it's a valid reason for consecutive relegation battles.

This club should still be able to be a top 8 club even with FFP regulations. We've just been run so poorly (even when times were good) that we're feeling the effects of FFP and will feel those effects for more years to come. Not the rules fault but the way we've been run as a club for far too long.

Â