The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Honestly, I don't want him dead. I'd be very happy if he lost all his money though, by doing something where he cannot 'rape' a sports club, destroy it's soul and shit on it's fans to try get it back. That'll do me and it'll teach him a lot more than dying would.

I don't think he has learnt a single lesson when it comes to owning sports teams and I'd love for him to lose all his money so he cannot do it again.

- And losing his money would force his hand on a sale too. Stop him farting around like a weak minded word removed.

Not that it's a nice thing to say (or factual), but a fellow Villa fan said to me the other day: If this guy was Al's strongest sperm, imagine how weak the others were.

Edited by DK82

I am self employes and dont even make a 6 figure turnover p.a.

I've changed my sub-contracted management team as of 01.01.2016 in an effort to increase turnover.

My very first concern about making this decision was:

Service quality must maintain its level and have the means to improve.

Otherwise, making changes would be of no benefit at all.

I wonder if other businesses in a continually changing market think this way, especially multi-million pound industries that have a lot more to lose than me and my humble livelyhood.

It's only smaller companies that genuinely care about the end product, large companies only care about profit. In some instances improving the end product improves profit so they do it, most of the time they cut down on one thing or another cutting down costs but charge the same amount, meaning more profit. Look at Pringles. Those packets used to be full, now you open them and they're half empty but they still cost the same.

That's what they've tried at Villa, cut some costs here and there without changing the prices they charge (tickets, merchandise, sponsorship etc) and unsprisingly it's backfired and now the income is about to plummet. I'd hope they'd see the solution now is to improve the end product, which will improve the income and therefore profits, but God only knows what they will actually do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

[the letter writer said] ...we all had to reapply for our own jobs at the beginning of the season. They got rid of members of staff who had been there over 40 years saying they weren't capable of doing their own jobs.

That is an absolutely abysmal way to treat people. Contemptible. It's so far from "this is a family club" and "we care about the people who work for us" and all the things that can be good about Football clubs. It represents the "aims" of the people running the club all too clearly. It also makes me think that this"

2 hours ago, Richard said:

The current approach is cut back to the bare minimum level and rebuild from there.  We are not at the bare minimum level yet

is being kind - I'm not at all sure there's any "rebuild from there" element that I can detect being in place.

Can't see potential sponsors flocking to be associated with the stinking pile of club Lerner and his henchmen has created.

Every story coming out from Villa is a negative one, and I can't see that it will get better as long as Lerner is here.

It's almost as if it has become a personal vendetta for Lerner to destroy the club and it's fans.

Grim stuff.

Randy, you're a coward!

General 'Cheesburger' Krulak, you're a coward too. I don't care how many tin-pot armies your glorious billion-petro-dollared marines defeated in 'battle'. How about coming out with the truth about the 'streamlining' of this once-great institution.

I've seen deliberate leaning on employees before to force resignations like this. It takes a particularly malicious mindset.

It's a car crash in slow motion.

iF people don't see the point of the #outthedooron74 they should join the protest simply to express their disgust at the way so many of Villa's faithful employees are being treated. As I said on another post earlier in the week, I was told that the atmosphere is toxic behind the scenes.

• Like 1

wow.. rotten to the core by the looks of it. i wonder what Lerner think this club is, or what he thinks the value in villa is. The players? fans? employees? or history? from where im standing it seems the first three is getting shafted and the value of the last was imbued long before he arrived. **** me were a shambles and the future isn't looking much brighter.

There's always two sides to every story and it's important not to jump to conclusions having heard on!y one side.  However much anger those running the club might be deserving of, based on the club's current plight.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

There's always two sides to every story and it's important not to jump to conclusions having heard on!y one side.  However much anger those running the club might be deserving of.

and most likely we will only hear one side too. But the narrative of the story aligns with so much else were hearing about the club which makes it hard to dismiss. I'm guilty of letting alot of angry emotions influencing what i say rather than making level headed comments, guess its a form of venting. being a overseas fan its hard to actually have your voice heard, i cant do any protests or boycots, VT is the only place i can get that anger out except for the morning coffee break at work, theres another guy there whos a villa supporter aswell, same company different tasks, but atleast we get to sit there for 5 minutes each morning contemplating how **** we are before we move on  with the day

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shaw_nuff said:

General 'Cheesburger' Krulak, you're a coward too. I don't care how many tin-pot armies your glorious billion-petro-dollared marines defeated in 'battle'. How about coming out with the truth about the 'streamlining' of this once-great institution.

but he won Desert Storm

7 hours ago, useless said:

There's always two sides to every story and it's important not to jump to conclusions having heard on!y one side.  However much anger those running the club might be deserving of, based on the club's current plight.

this lady has apparently quit of her own free will because of how shit the club has been run. Why would anyvody do that if they didnt care

the club would have been very quick to issue a denial if wasnt true

Â