The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I want to apologise to anyone reading this thread from the Yorkshire Villa Supporter's group page on Facebook for my comment wishing death upon Randy Lerner and my subsequent telling someone that disagreed with me to eff off.

It was crass and wrong and whilst I have some mental health issues caused by head injuries once received, it is no excuse for my nasty post.  

Whatever you think of Lerner, wanting him dead is wrong and once again I'm sorry, he's someone's son and dad.

I'm not a moron like that guy screaming and shouting at the team bus the other week, it was a heat of the moment thing and I was actually sat here crying like a baby while posting.

A grown man crying, that's how bad it's became...

The conclusion I have come to is that they aren't that bothered about relegation as they see it as the best place to rebuild. They are so corporate in thinking that they see it like a business in trouble - and want to take it back to the very basics, and they believe the best place to do this is in the championship. For them, players on the pitch are not a priority.

7 hours ago, NorthernGordon said:

I want to apologise to anyone reading this thread from the Yorkshire Villa Supporter's group page on Facebook for my comment wishing death upon Randy Lerner and my subsequent telling someone that disagreed with me to eff off.

It was crass and wrong and whilst I have some mental health issues caused by head injuries once received, it is no excuse for my nasty post.  

Whatever you think of Lerner, wanting him dead is wrong and once again I'm sorry, he's someone's son and dad.

I'm not a moron like that guy screaming and shouting at the team bus the other week, it was a heat of the moment thing and I was actually sat here crying like a baby while posting.

A grown man crying, that's how bad it's became...

No need to apologise.

49 minutes ago, DK82 said:

The conclusion I have come to is that they aren't that bothered about relegation as they see it as the best place to rebuild. They are so corporate in thinking that they see it like a business in trouble - and want to take it back to the very basics, and they believe the best place to do this is in the championship. For them, players on the pitch are not a priority.

Yep - has become their self fulfilling prophecy, the jan window sealed it and now the manager and team know it to be inevitable. The board have steered us down to the championship.

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yep - has become their self fulfilling prophecy, the jan window sealed it and now the manager and team know it to be inevitable. The board have steered us down to the championship.

And the thing is, once again it shows their ignorance and stupidity. Do they think once a shiny new and cheaper Villa are ready, we suddenly get elevated back up? Talk about naive.

Just now, DK82 said:

And the thing is, once again it shows their ignorance and stupidity. Do they think once a shiny new and cheaper Villa are ready, we suddenly get elevated back up? Talk about naive.

I honestly think their plan is to park us in the championship while Lerner finds a buyer.

Just now, Genie said:

Why would anyone plan to be in the second division?

I think Lerner wants to stop losing money, nothing more nothing less - which has led us to the championship and which is where we will stay, with greatly reduced operating costs, until he finds a buyer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I think Lerner wants to stop losing money, nothing more nothing less - which has led us to the championship and which is where we will stay, with greatly reduced operating costs, until he finds a buyer.

...and greatly reduced income.

.... and far less attractive for a buyer

• Like 1

I am self employes and dont even make a 6 figure turnover p.a.

I've changed my sub-contracted management team as of 01.01.2016 in an effort to increase turnover.

My very first concern about making this decision was:

Service quality must maintain its level and have the means to improve.

Otherwise, making changes would be of no benefit at all.

I wonder if other businesses in a continually changing market think this way, especially multi-million pound industries that have a lot more to lose than me and my humble livelyhood.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

They are not looking at how much they can make, just how much they can stop losing - the last 5 years of underinvestment backs that up. Also, we stand a better chance of being sold in the championship, the price is lower and Randy still wants rid of us. IMHO.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

When we go down we will be a mid table team at best.We really need to get rid of 7/8 players ( we cant get rid of them while they are Premier League players, what hope when they are championship players ) then we need to replace them with better players.....where is this money going to come from ?

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Simply, we'll be more attractive to buyers as a Championship club, because the asking price will be lower. 

(This is why the idea that Lerner plans to 'park us in the Championship' makes no sense at all). 

Â