Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Who's to say if we signed a say, Charlie Adam that they will automatically hit the ground running? If this guy settles in this league like Benteke and Westwood then I don't care if he came from Ligue 2 (remember Benteke was someone from the Belgian league who not many people have heard of). Plus he plays in a position that we have literally nobody who can play, and are desperate for someone.

Sylla - professional since 2010; 64 appearances in total in Ligue 2; 1 appearance for France U21s.

Benteke - professional since 2007; 36 appearances with Genk in the Belgian Pro League in 2011-2 alone, and 16 goals. 9 appearances for Belgian national side, 4 goals.

There is a difference in what they're bringing to the club.

I think the people insisting that Sylla will be an instant hit are doing him a disservice. He doesn't need that sort of pressure in what will be a big transition for him.

That's a bit OTT. No-one is writing him off or complaining. Just trying to sus out a player no-one has ever heard of.

The key preoccupation for most fans right now is: can we sign one or two players who can come in, hit the ground running and help turn round our disastrous run of form? So it's inevitable that there is an air of: "Is this the one?" in the discussion. It may be that's what you're picking up and over-reacting to.

I’m also preoccupied by our current form and really worried about the state of our club. But I try to be positive when we sign a player in an area that we really need strengthening.

Edited by admin

Â