Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I'm hoping that it might bring the balance we need to the midfield so KEA can play his game better. Do you still think he wont come good?

Mate your asking me after what i said about Benteke? ;)

I actually think that KEA was purchased on the basis of being the missing link in midfield but he is just too lightweight for the Premiership. I also think that Westwood does 10 times better what KEA tries to do but it's only my opinion.

Edited by Morpheus

Comparing him to Benteke is ridiculous. The only thing they have in common is that no one had heard of them.

But if you're going on that basis why not compare him to KEA?

I said before If we were in a comfortable position I'd be pretty happy with this signing. I question wether he's going to be able to change what's become an awful season.

I hope he has the quality and athleticism to improve us in an area we so desperately need improvement in.

It would be good if people could stop ridiculously over-exaggerating each other's posts and just get behind the lad.

Whether he is an instant hit or takes a while to get going he will be neither the saviour of our season nor the final nail in the coffin.

In the end he is just a kid making a big step up in his career to one of the world's greatest clubs - so good luck to him!

• Like 2

This!

Everton have such a strong side and if bannan and westwood are all that is in the idfield then we are gonna get over run!

Agreed, I couldn't care less about whether or not his English is good either, just stick him in front of the defence and tell him "défoncer"!

• Like 1

Ouiiiiii Another French midfielder. Ginola, Berson, Makoun, Sylla. We will win the league! Pretty underwhelmed with this. Probably a good player for the future, not sure he is what we need now. Sorry mates.

Against Everton we have to worry about Baines if we play 3-5-2 again. We are weaker on the flanks than in the middle with that system.

We should be careful about throwing Sylla straight into the action. The jump from Ligue 2 to Premier League is larger than from Championship to Premier League.

It's like going from Championship reverses into the Premier League.

Has he ever played to an audience greater than a sunday league crowd? How will he react?

Look forward to him becoming a fixture in the team but I suspect he might take half-a-season to get going.

Edited by Con

Welcome Yacouba!

All the best for your career at the Villa!

0,,10265~11612859,00.jpg

On a side note, why do most of our recent signings always have really awkward introductory photos?

Edited by Ghost

It would be good if people could stop ridiculously over-exaggerating each other's posts and just get behind the lad.

Whether he is an instant hit or takes a while to get going he will be neither the saviour of our season nor the final nail in the coffin.

In the end he is just a kid making a big step up in his career to one of the world's greatest clubs - so good luck to him!

Well put...

Welcome Sylla.... and good luck!

Well obviously we can't yet know how he'll do. What is clear is that we've bought a player in the most required position. An actual bona fide defensive midfielder. The other thing that's sure is that their fans are gutted to be losing him. Again, that's all we could hope for. It'd be different if a Ligue 2 side were delighted to be losing him. As others have said, he can't possible be worse than what we've already been doing in that position this season. We don't even have a def. midfielder really. The fact he's young and cheap obviously ticks the RL/PL boxes too. I just hope he can slot straight in. Given the competition he's got, I'd say he probably can and will. Welcome to the club Yacouba. You've got quite a job to do!

Agreed, I couldn't care less about whether or not his English is good either, just stick him in front of the defence and tell him "défoncer"!

We got N'zogbia anyway who can help communicate to him which should help him settle.

He's been lauded as Clermont's best player looking at some of their fans' posts on their Facebook page. 

Also won their most recent Player of the Month award.

Glad to have him.

Don't want to put too much pressure on the lad, after all this is a team game.

Â