Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Is this the type of line up we can expect to see now?

home.png
Agbonlahor
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Weimann

home.png
N'Zogbia

home.png
Sylla
home.png
Westwood or Delph

home.png
Bennett
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Clark or Baker
home.png
Lowton

keeper.png
Guzan

Maybe another signing will come in?

Edited by 8pints

The comments on the BBC site take the piss.

Aston Villa's new signing Yacouba Sylla has said he dreamed of being in a relegation fight ever since he became a professional.

"Playing at Villa Park will be unbelievable," said the £2m
midfielder. "It is a huge stadium with a great history and the crowd
will be incredible. You dream about this when you become a footballer.

Yeah. That's not what he said at all, but don't let the quotes get in the way of your cheap shot, you bunch of pricks.

I'd go 4-4-2. It's clear the lads know how to play it. Put a bit of experience in and that'll help.

home.png
Benteke
home.png
Weimann

home.png
Agbonlahor
home.png
Sylla
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Ireland/N'Zogbia

home.png
Bennett
home.png
Baker
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Lowton

keeper.png
Guzan

Do we have to do all this again?

"I had the possibility of going to Aston Villa. But it depended upon whether Gerard Houllier was going to continue in charge and as he ended up not staying I did not join them.

Cabaye announced to his team mates at Lille and to Canal Plus he was leaving for Newcastle on 28 May 2011. Look here. That means he would have been in discussion with Newcastle for at least two weeks, don't you think, but probably longer. Houllier's departure from Villa was announced on 1 June, so the dates don't match up. He was trussed, plucked and in the Newcastle oven before Houllier resigned so the claims he was going to play for Villa can only have been based on a provisional and speculative understanding at best. More credibly, there was never an offer in for Cabaye from Villa

The Cabaye story is fantasy, and I suspect the others are as well.

You may not want it to be true because you don't want to give Houllier any credit but you are wrong. 

I would have loved to have seen what happened if we had stuck with Houllier instead of signing McLeish and Lambert. I suspect we would be a lot better off now. 

• Like 2

You may not want it to be true because you don't want to give Houllier any credit but you are wrong. 

I would have loved to have seen what happened if we had stuck with Houllier instead of signing McLeish and Lambert. I suspect we would be a lot better off now. 

Or, indeed, Houllier's heart had stuck with us.

Cabaye announced to his team mates at Lille and to Canal Plus he was leaving for Newcastle on 28 May 2011. Look here. That means he would have been in discussion with Newcastle for at least two weeks, don't you think, but probably longer. Houllier's departure from Villa was announced on 1 June, so the dates don't match up. He was trussed, plucked and in the Newcastle oven before Houllier resigned so the claims he was going to play for Villa can only have been based on a provisional and speculative understanding at best. More credibly, there was never an offer in for Cabaye from Villa

The point is GH was interested in him and rated him as tgat quote proves, not that we bid for him.

I would give Sylla two CMs to feed. 433, shifting to 442 with Bannan LM, N'Zogbia RM.

Sub 1: Agbonlahor for N'Zogbia or Weimann.

Sub 2: Delph for Bannan, Westwood or Sylla

Sub 3: Baker for Clark or Vlaar.

Sub 4: Bennett for Lichaj (or Bannan in 442).

home.png
Benteke

home.png
Weimann

home.png
N'Zogbia

home.png
Bannan
home.png
Westwood

home.png
Sylla

home.png
Lichaj
home.png
Clark
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Lowton

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Benteke

home.png
Weimann

home.png
Bannan
home.png
Sylla
home.png
Westwood
home.png
N'Zogbia

home.png
Lichaj
home.png
Clark
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Lowton

keeper.png
Guzan

So player actually says he had a chance to join Villa but instead you choose to ignore that and then make up a possible timeline for discussion at Newcastle and then compound this by saying there was never an offer from Cabaye, something again you dont know for certain.

well thats 3, quite defensive central midfielders PL has signed now, so where is any attack coming from?

with a fully fit squad...

guzan

lowton - vlaar - baker - clark

westwood - sylla - nzogbia

weimann - benteke - gabby

with the option of switching to 4-4-2, with gabby our right, zoggy out left

Edited by AndyBM

I'd go 4-4-2. It's clear the lads know how to play it. Put a bit of experience in and that'll help.

home.png
Benteke
home.png
Weimann

home.png
Agbonlahor
home.png
Sylla
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Ireland/N'Zogbia

home.png
Bennett
home.png
Baker
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Lowton

keeper.png
Guzan

I would go something like that as well but I would get someone else for left back. We are pretty shit at the back though so it's hard to know what to do with that defense. 

The comments on the BBC site take the piss.

Yeah. That's not what he said at all, but don't let the quotes get in the way of your cheap shot, you bunch of pricks.

I complained. May as well waste the word removed's time cause they have to follow up on all complaints.

• Like 3

Â