Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

He's been lauded as Clermont's best player looking at some of their fans' posts on their Facebook page. 

Also won their most recent Player of the Month award.

Glad to have him.

Don't want to put too much pressure on the lad, after all this is a team game.

Hardly a difficult achievement...

Hardly a difficult achievement...

All we can do is buy their best and it appears we've done that. No need to try and belittle it. Gems have been found at that level before.

I'm absolute with Big John on this one, if we were 'safe' then this is a perfectly fine signing. But to expect this guy to hit the ground running given he has just come from ligue 'deux' is unfair on him.

It's a massive ask to expect anything from him in his first half a season here, hell even Ashley Young took his time to really get going, he ought to be signing players that are likely to get us out of this mess...

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I'm absolute with Big John on this one, if we were 'safe' then this is a perfectly fine signing. But to expect this guy to hit the ground running given he has just come from ligue 'deux' is unfair on him.

It's a massive ask to expect anything from him in his first half a season here, hell even Ashley Young took his time to really get going, he ought to be signing players that are likely to get us out of this mess...

I agree with that too. Let's hope this other rumoured signing is more proven. But as it is, we have bought this bloke and from what we can gather from what we know, we've bought a pretty good one who his own fans will miss. And to repeat, he's an actual defensive midfielder th_run-around-smiley.gif

my contact at Villa says we have just sign another French defensive mid Alan Charybdis. anyone heard of him? 

:) Rock and a hard place. Thank you google.

I very much hope there is a rule about all the players communicating in the same language or the chaos will just get worse.

I don't think it will do too much harm if N'Zogbia has a chat to him in French. Hopefully can help him settle in.

As long as they all talk English when defending corners, as we wouldn't want that to become a weakness other teams could exploit. 

He's been lauded as Clermont's best player looking at some of their fans' posts on their Facebook page.

Also won their most recent Player of the Month award.

Glad to have him.

Don't want to put too much pressure on the lad, after all this is a team game.

I was Croatia when we signed Balaban and the people I spoke to, to a man, were raving about him so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Houllier rates him highly apparently. I think he knows more about french football than any of us.

Yep he was an expert in the  Bruno Cheyrou's of this world. You've made me worry about this player now. Houllier is one of the biggest charlatans in the modern game

Â