Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2270845/Aston-Villa-close-Yacouba-Sylla-Randy-Lerner-backs-Paul-Lambert-transfer-cash.html

article-2270845-17418642000005DC-400_468

Aston Villa will spend some money in the January transfer window after all.Manager Paul Lambert and chief executive Paul Faulkner have spent the afternoon at the club's Bodymoor Heath training ground, putting the finishing details to the signing of Yacouba Sylla.
There are still a few loose ends to tie up but the club will confirm the arrival of the French midfielder from Clermont Foot within the next 24 hours.
Villa have so far failed to enter any bidding war for several high-priced stars but the club has always maintained they would be active when the window opened.
It will come as a relief to supporters, desperate for some good news in the wake of two exits in cup competitions and four successive home defeats.Lerner has always backed his managers and he has added to the £21m he has already given Lambert with additional funding in the New Year - although with an estimated £3m to play with there will be limits as to what the club can do in the next 24 hours.

Absolutely 100 % necessary signing. Sounds like the type of player we've been crying out for - let's just hope he's decent.

For one thing at least we're not waving the white flag just yet. I think we might see another through the door yet too - let's hope Lerner has smelt the bitter coffee of relegation on the horizon.

Absolutely 100 % necessary signing. Sounds like the type of player we've been crying out for - let's just hope he's decent.

For one thing at least we're not waving the white flag just yet. I think we might see another through the door yet too - let's hope Lerner has smelt the bitter coffee of relegation on the horizon.

I'm delighted with this signing think he's bit of Steele for the midfield but he won't save our season buddy

Â