Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Yes why don't we sign David Villa instead

Have you read the point I was trying to make? It wasn't "Lets sign David Villa" it was more like, instead of buying 7million stephen warnock's and 5.5 million Steve Sidwells...put the two transfer fee's and wages together and at least try and sign a world class player! Sneidjer went to Turkey and Drogba to Asia so its clearly not because of club repuation they sign for, its the money!!! And with the chairman selling his NFL team I dont understand why something like that couldnt be used to invest in our club!!!!

Edited by Pacavelli

Big step up from Ligue 1 to Premier League and Sylla is not in Ligue 1 but Ligue 2, which is weaker than Championship. 

The crowds will be the first thing that'll hit him, and the pace of the game.

I'd be surprised if he starts the first game.

He is the defensive midfielder that Aston Villa deserves... but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll play him, because he can take it.

Because he's not Bannan... he's a silent guardian... a watchful protector... a dark knight. 

• Like 4

He is the defensive midfielder that Aston Villa deserves... but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll play him, because he can take it.

Because he's not Bannan... he's a silent guardian... a watchful protector... a dark knight. 

You racist....

Well let's hope this guy works out? Cheap and young? Just what we need? Though I don't necessarily agree with the Prem experience thing as Ireland, Zog, Hutton, Warnock, Sidwell, Shorey and NRC all came with bucket loads of Prem experience and proved to be in the main shite. Agruably our best players this year, Benteke, Westwood, Weimann and Vlaar all had little or no Prem experience prior to this season. PL may end up lucky and this guy hits the ground running.

NRC till the end of the season?? Offer him a short term 10k a week deal? Better than Bannan which seems to be the current benchmark?? But make it an as well signing not a instead of?

Ghost. Out.

Have you read the point I was trying to make? It wasn't "Lets sign David Villa" it was more like, instead of buying 7million stephen warnock's and 5.5 million Steve Sidwells...put the two transfer fee's and wages together and at least try and sign a world class player! Sneidjer went to Turkey and Drogba to Asia so its clearly not because of club repuation they sign for, its the money!!! And with the chairman selling his NFL team I dont understand why something like that couldnt be used to invest in our club!!!!

Yeah!! ...and when they disrupt the dressing room and don't give a **** on the pitch we'll be there to demand young hungry British players!

...and when those British players cant cut it we'll be there demand young gifted foreigners who know how to play!

...and when those foreigners are just using us as a steppingstone we'll be there to demand Premier league experience

... and when those players are old and slow we'll be there to demand a marquee signing to give us a boost

... and when the marquee signings don't give a **** on the pitch we'll be ther................................................................................................

...and after nearly 20 years of this shit and the horror show that is 80% of our transfer history, most of us will just be happy with some big bloke from the French second division for most likely less than we paid the Djemba twins in wages alone.   :thumb:

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 3

Â