Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Don't you just love VT. Lets be honest 99% have never heard of him so we do not know whether he will be any good and yet a good proportion are writing him off having never seen him play for Villa.

That's VT all over. Even good players get written off before anyone's seen them play.

• Like 1

Why have we waited til the last day ?? We are now 2nd from bottom and staring into the abyss

Because we wanted Sissoko.

Too little too late? What's the point in looking back? What's done is done, we are where we are. Onwards we march, into the abyss perhaps, but there's nothing we can do about it now.

Don't you just love VT. Lets be honest 99% have never heard of him so we do not know whether he will be any good and yet a good proportion are writing him off having never seen him play for Villa.

Are these the same posters who complained bitterly about MON signing expensive (known) British players whilst other clubs unearthed unknown'gems' from foreign clubs?

Give the bloke a chance FFS. If Houllier rates him that is a decent enough start for me.

It's like 2 or 3 people who have kind of written him off.

I don't think that's a good proportion.

True, then there was that guy, what was his name? 

Oh, yes, Makoun...

Yep.

I made a big deal of the Vlaar/Collins thing in the summer and it was obvious right there that Lambert wasn't going to be fully backed by the owner. It's still the same it seems.

What about his opinion on Makoun?

I fail to see how Makoun is relevant. Not that he is a bad player by any means (I personally rate him), just not right for Aston Villa at this point in time.

I just had a look at his clubs stats this season. They are 2 points above the relegation zone, meaning he has left a relegation threatened French Championship level club to join a relegation threatened Premier League club.

Clermont have shipped 26 goals in the 19 games he has played - winning 5, drawing 5 and losing 9.

I doubt that he knows what he's letting himself in for to be honest. I just hope for his and our sakes that he hits the ground running and turns out to be good enough to mix it amongst the Premier League's attacking midfielders.

Like most on here I cant say I know anything about the guy, and obviously coming from ligue 1 will be a big step up. However from reading a little bit about him he certanly fits in with what we have been crying out for, big strong dm.

Good luck fella and welcome (should this indeed go through) to Aston Villa.

Â