U.S. Politics

maqroll

Man, I just saw the full clip of Trump's self-fellating little press conference and it's even worse than the snippet I saw on the news earlier. He literally said "you should be very proud of what's taken place her in Puerto Rico" re: the death toll so far being 16 as opposed to hundreds in Katrina.

A grown man actually said that to hurricane victims. Not just any grown man, the supposed president of the free world. Utterly flabbergasting.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They should accept the punishment then if it's the rules, or better still not break the rules. 

Scary to think people genuinely think like this.

We're not far from authoritarianism if this is what most people think.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Can't they just put it to one side for a day. 

Why? You're not explaining why it's disrespectful.

The protest isn't even directly related to the tragedy. Even so, protesting killings is something that should resonate especially now.

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Why? You're not explaining why it's disrespectful.

The protest isn't even directly related to the tragedy. Even so, protesting killings is something that should resonate especially now.

I get why they are protesting and I'm all for gun laws to be changed and to stop police brutality. The mass killing in vegas is a time the country should show solidarity for a day or two. Obviously your solidarity means not standing  to the national anthem and carry on the protest. Over the years whenever a tragedy has hit the states it's usually iconic to see everyone arm in arm and singing the national anthem with the Stars and Stripes flying proudly. I guess times are changing. 

59 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just a classic narcissist

He used to be quite eloquent in interviews now he's barely coherent. Looks like a mental decline whether it's dementia/Alzheimer's who knows.

3 minutes ago, coda said:

He used to be quite eloquent in interviews now he's barely coherent. Looks like a mental decline whether it's dementia/Alzheimer's who knows.

You honestly believe dementia or Alzheimer's is setting in, or is it just a piss  take.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

A bunch of Nazis carrying around flags with swastikas on: well they have the right to think and say what they want, the constitution gives them free speech.

60 people massacred by someone with a gun: its the price to pay for freedom, 2nd amendment!.

Peacefully protest violence, including that motivated by racial discrimination: traitors who hate America, scum who should be fired for not respecting the flag!

The US has a really warped sense of logic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Trump saying gun laws will be discussed in the near future. Personally, I think it should be near the top of his agenda. Surely it's got to be one of the biggest unnecessary killers of the American people. 

His election campaign took $30m from the gun lobby - he'll be putting controls on absolutely nothing.

• Like 3

Â