U.S. Politics

maqroll

Surprised so many networks showed the Trump announcement but I suppose they have to but apart from being a damp squid of an announcement for Trump, it was soooo long, people just got bored and networks switched away half way through.  Three losing election cycles, this isn’t going to go the way Trump wants and I think really him just being on the grift.

Edited by nick76

Just now, sidcow said:

Hopefully the Florida guy runs and they tear the party apart between them. 

I’m still amused that it looks like Pence is so tone deaf that he’ll announce his running tonight.  So with Trump and DeSantis the main entertainment we could be served some appetisers with the likes of Pence being demolished and we may even get some more with Cruz and Pompeo being knocked about.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Surprised so many networks showed the Trump announcement but I suppose they have to but apart from being a damp squid of an announcement for Trump, it was soooo long, people just got bored and networks switched away half way through.  Three losing election cycles, this isn’t going to go the way Trump wants and I think really him just being on the grift.

🦑🦑🦑

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Hell-naw GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

its damp squib not squid

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Not sure they ever did 🤔

Wow, feels like I’ve just found out I’ve been singing lyrics to my favourite song wrong all these years.  You learn something new every day!

seems I’m not the only one

https://www.wired.com/2010/05/dont-be-a-damp-squid/

"Damp squib" or "damp squid" means that someone is being a disappointment.

The original phrase, "damp squib," turned into "damp squid" over time. People who used the phrase eventually replaced a word that was becoming increasingly obscure with a word that was familiar to them. The Telegraph recently published a list of the top ten misquoted phrases by British people. The title to this book was number one.

So I may not be wrong, just modern 😉😂

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Murdoch told Trump he's not backing him

Fox (Hannity excepted) is about to be labelled a left wing pinko peddler of fake news

Trump has been saying that about Fox since they called the Arizona election early and called it against him. 

• Like 1

At Bridgwater Carnival they still refer to bangers as Squibs.  Only time I've ever heard them referred to other than in the expression.

In fact on their website they have a page dedicate to "Squibbing"

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's him doing his best to make sure that the legal shitstorm heading his way remains a partisan issue

That and a big FU to the Republican Party

He's goading Disantis not to stand

He's goading the GOP saying elect me or I'll stand as an Independent anyway.

• Like 1

Â