U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 17/11/2022 at 13:35, sidcow said:

A win for bullying and violence. 

You support entrenched power and the patronage networks that accompany it?

She should have been retired/fired from that position many years ago, but the gravy is too tasty I guess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Garland naming a Special Counsel to either help bolster the cases against Trump, or to help him kill them off. 

I fear it's the latter. 

Trump walks.

There’s no way the Democrats would want to take him out of the game and give DeSantis a free run at 2024. 

Trump is the gift that keeps on reliably delivering for the Democrats. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Garland naming a Special Counsel to either help bolster the cases against Trump, or to help him kill them off. 

I fear it's the latter. 

Trump walks.

He's looking at the Jan 6th Incitement and the stolen documents specifically.

There are other cases against Trump ongoing too aren't there like the NYC Tax Fraud case?

6 hours ago, bickster said:

There are other cases against Trump ongoing too aren't there like the NYC Tax Fraud case?

and his name is Jack Smith and he even looks exactly like one of the right wingers crazy social media personalities so the radical left wing tags they’ll try to attach to him will seem hollow.

DA07BE82-6BC5-4608-964E-6D4A4119C85F.webp

13 hours ago, bickster said:

The tax fraud case will end up a slap on the wrist.

The Georgia election interference case might be the one with remaining teeth.

An overweight, excitable, unhealthy 76 year old - I don't think he'll make it to the point at which he gets a punishment handed down through the long and winding road of the US legal system.

Charge him with what you like, he know that he can lawyer it out beyond his sell by date and use the accusations as fuel for his base in the interim.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, magnkarl said:

This is a great watch.

These media personalities have no touch with reality.  It happens on both sides of the aisle but the ones in this video are some of the worst in mainstream media on a regular basis.

39 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I wonder what the Republicans feel about their mid-terms when even a demented old man on his uppers are making fun of them..

They should be able to relate. After all, the Dems have been copping exactly that for the past 6 years.

55 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I wonder what the Republicans feel about their mid-terms when even a demented old man on his uppers are making fun of them..

As AJ says it’s the same from both parties, a 76 year old and an 80 year old, both with major age related mental issues, leading their parties in one of the most powerful countries in the world and popping jokes off about the other side of the political aisle.  Both are amazingly the front runners for the election in 2 years time, it says there is something wrong with the political system doesn’t it.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2022 at 23:05, LondonLax said:

There’s no way the Democrats would want to take him out of the game and give DeSantis a free run at 2024. 

Trump is the gift that keeps on reliably delivering for the Democrats. 

Other than the disastrous four years in office and attempted destruction of democracy?

13 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Other than the disastrous four years in office and attempted destruction of democracy?

Yeah, since his win 6 years ago his crowd have performed below expectations for three elections in a row.

At the recent midterm elections the Democrats were donating funds to his primary candidates to help them get the Republican nomination.

I am sure the Democrats would love to keep him around to make it a 4th election cycle in a row for them. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah, since his win 6 years ago his crowd have performed below expectations for three elections in a row.

At the recent midterm elections the Democrats were donating funds to his primary candidates to help them get the Republican nomination.

I am sure the Democrats would love to keep him around to make it a 4th election cycle in a row for them. 

Yep, Trump is just a disease for the Republican Party now.  He’s not going to win the next election even if he lasts that long in the primaries.  

Sad thing is that it doesn’t look like the Republican Party are strong enough yet to push him out enough not to cause enough damage and if he does win the primary the damage will be too much and Democrats will win again.  

At this moment I can’t see Republicans winning the Presidency in 2024 because of the impact of Trump.  Democrats will be loving that Trump has announced he’s running.

46 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep, Trump is just a disease for the Republican Party now.  He’s not going to win the next election even if he lasts that long in the primaries.  

Sad thing is that it doesn’t look like the Republican Party are strong enough yet to push him out enough not to cause enough damage and if he does win the primary the damage will be too much and Democrats will win again.  

At this moment I can’t see Republicans winning the Presidency in 2024 because of the impact of Trump.  Democrats will be loving that Trump has announced he’s running.

I hope you guys are right. I think he'll get the nomination, and will win a second term if i'm honest. 

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I hope you guys are right. I think he'll get the nomination, and will win a second term if i'm honest. 

When he was a somewhat unknown “agent of change” candidate he got over the line via the electoral college while still losing the popular vote. 

That was the high point of his political career.

The more US voters have gotten to know him over the last 6 years the less popular he’s gotten. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

When he was a somewhat unknown “agent of change” candidate he got over the line via the electoral college while still losing the popular vote. 

That was the high point of his political career.

The more US voters have gotten to know him over the last 6 years the less popular he’s gotten. 

On one of the posts above there is a fox news video where they roast Biden with a 50 odd point disapproval rating. I remember Trump's being way higher than that for a significant portion of his administration?

Â