U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Pre social media, a sewer creature like Nick Fuentes would be a totally anonymous entity, but in 2022 he is a dinner guest of a former president. 

And the regular media amplifies him and subsequently his message, and then he gets tangible power.

The other way of looking at it could be that people like Fuentes were influential before social media but just went on behind the scenes. Now you can read about their conversations with powerbrokers within a few hours of the meeting occurring? 

46 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The other way of looking at it could be that people like Fuentes were influential before social media but just went on behind the scenes. Now you can read about their conversations with powerbrokers within a few hours of the meeting occurring? 

Social media gives far greater reach for those types with a larger section of society able to soak it in, resulting in a more extremely-polarised general populous.  "Behind the scenes" keeps more extreme views further away from easily influenced youth, lets say, than social media does.

And, of course, it gives power and credence too.

• Like 2

This is good.

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes convicted of seditious conspiracy 

From CNN's Hannah Rabinowitz and Holmes Lybrand

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes has been convicted by a Washington, DC, jury of seditious conspiracy for orchestrating a far-reaching plan to stop the peaceful transfer of power after former President Donald Trump lost to Joe Biden in the 2020 election.

The conviction is a win for the Justice Department, which has argued that the US Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, was more than just a political protest that got out of control — but rather a violent attack on the seat of American democracy and an effort to keep Biden out of the Oval Office by any means necessary.

There are four other defendants facing multiple charges; the verdict is still being read in court.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It's hard to think of anyone setting fire to their own career to the same extent.

Holy shit. 

Surely his career is done. 

I guess when you have serious mental health issues, are a complete narcissist and have ridiculous wealth, it's hard to get any serious help.

I'm starting to think he might not win the 2024 elections. 

As others have mentioned, how come Kanye is not under conservatorship? He seems easily as unhinged as Britney was when she shaved her hair and attacked that car with an umbrella.

I think Kanye is a Musk level a-hole who is in love with himself and his own voice, but the guy also clearly needs help.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Trump had dinner with this guy a few weeks back. 

Trump, the current favourite for Republican nominee for the 2024 Presidential elections is still the funniest and scariest thing.  How in this day and age can he be in this position.  As I’ve said before I don’t think there is any chance he can win but given everything how is he still in the race? I know the answer but it still amazes me.

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Longer version.

WTAF - Jones's response was just as insane in another way. How can anyone with half a brain listen to any of that and think "Oh yeah, I'm going to listen to this guy he knows the truth!"

Free speech is one thing but for people that stupid/ignorant should, the only answer is sterilization.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I guess when you have serious mental health issues, are a complete narcissist and have ridiculous wealth, it's hard to get any serious help.

I honestly think that becoming famous is an absolute curse despite so many people craving it above all else.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Longer version.

You can tell he’s got no idea what he’s talking about but has been listening to some dark sources and is regurgitating it back like he’s just had an epiphany and needs to share it with the world.

The guy is a **** moron. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Trump, the current favourite for Republican nominee for the 2024 Presidential elections is still the funniest and scariest thing.  How in this day and age can he be in this position.  As I’ve said before I don’t think there is any chance he can win but given everything how is he still in the race? I know the answer but it still amazes me.

The house Ways & Means committee just got hold of Trumps past taxes. They have about a month to reveal/leak anything of note. According to NY Times he hasn't paid a cent in income tax in 11 out of the past 18 years by exaggerating his companies losses

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

The house Ways & Means committee just got hold of Trumps past taxes. They have about a month to reveal/leak anything of note. According to NY Times he hasn't paid a cent in income tax in 11 out of the past 18 years by exaggerating his companies losses

I think they've only got the last 6 years. I imagine they won't be his worst years 

• Like 1

Â