U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 05/12/2021 at 06:22, chrisp65 said:

How incredibly crass to post this so close to the fatal school shooting they had in Michigan. There are a lot people over there that won’t get to take Christmas pictures with their loved ones this year because of guns just like that.

Also the daughter seems to be a flinch away from taking her mum’s head off, surely if you are going to have that many guns in the house you teach your kids to watch where they are pointing them (safety on or not)

• Like 2

Athletes still going so bit of a empty gesture but I'm sure it will annoy China

U.S. announces diplomatic boycott of Beijing Winter Olympics

The U.S. announced Monday that it will not send officials to the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics in protest of human rights abuses committed by the Chinese Communist Party.

Why it matters: The diplomatic boycott — which won't prevent American athletes from competing — marks a major escalation between the U.S. and China amid already heightened tensions over the CCP's treatment of Muslim minoritiesmilitary threats to Taiwan and economic tariffs.

• China said in April that there would be a "robust Chinese response" if the U.S. staged a full boycott of the Games, which are scheduled to start in February.

What they're saying: "The Biden administration will not send any diplomatic or official representation to the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympic Games, given the PRC's ongoing genocide and crimes against humanity in Xinjiang and other human rights abuses," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said.

• "The athletes on Team USA have our full support, we’ll be behind them 100% as we cheer them on from home," she added. "We will not be contributing to the fanfare of the Games."
  • "We believe U.S. athletes, people who have been training, giving up a lot of blood, sweat and tears preparing for these Olympics, should be able to go and compete."

https://www.axios.com/us-china-boycott-winter-olympics-beijing-f1df1cb9-0fee-4ca5-96b2-e92456268158.html

2 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Is that an old video or is that one of the goons still calling him President because the election was ‘stolen’? 

Presidents retain the honorific even after the end of their term

• Thanks 1

What I would like to know is,what are they supposed to use these type of guns for ?

I mean they are no good for hunting,target shooting or shooting birds,so apart from killing other people what are you supposed to do with them ?! 

9 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

What I would like to know is,what are they supposed to use these type of guns for ?

I mean they are no good for hunting,target shooting or shooting birds,so apart from killing other people what are you supposed to do with them ?! 

Overthrow a despotic government

15 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Is that an old video or is that one of the goons still calling him President because the election was ‘stolen’? 

Time Magazine actually used the term 'fortified' to describe the way the media managed the debate surrounding the election, and is now the preferred description.

Â