U.S. Politics

maqroll

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ok. But what’s the relevancy? 

It’s not directly relevant, in the sense that Rosenbaum doing 10 years for sodomising five young boys wasn’t material to him attacking Rittenhouse (unless he intended to bum him afterwards, which we’ll never know).

But it has struck me that the rioting mob were (are still) presented as racial justice protesters. Kyle killed two really awful people (in self-defence) who, as a random sample of the crowd, raise at least a quizzical eyebrow as to the presentation of events in Kenosha by the media. Does it not? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

One of the very few times gun laws were tightened up, was when the Black Panther movement started using the law in the same way others were. Keeping it legal but making it obvious they could defend themselves with lethal force.

spacer.png

In a ‘normal’ society it would be ridiculous to suggest that perhaps that exercise needs to be revisited to see if it could be brought up to date.

Worth pointing out the remaining living "Killer" of Malcom X, now in his 80s was freed this week. FBI etc. involved in all sorts of shady things during that investigation trial. Who knows what they were doing in the lead up to the murder, his and all the other black leadership exterminated during this period.

4 minutes ago, villakram said:

Worth pointing out the remaining living "Killer" of Malcom X, now in his 80s was freed this week. FBI etc. involved in all sorts of shady things during that investigation trial. Who knows what they were doing in the lead up to the murder, his and all the other black leadership exterminated during this period.

Was it freed or already free and now exonerated?

I caught a bit of it on the news but didn’t get around to following it up.

Fascinating few years of U.S. history around that time.

2 hours ago, Awol said:

FTFY. 

The 2nd and 3rd men he shot were under the impression that he was an active shooter, what with him just having shot a man and all. They were also acting in defence in any logical meaning of the phrase, in defence of others within the immediate vicinity of a young man with a big gun who had just used it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The 2nd and 3rd men he shot were under the impression that he was an active shooter, what with him just having shot a man and all. They were also acting in defence in any logical meaning of the phrase, in defence of others within the immediate vicinity of a young man with a big gun who had just used it.

So you didn’t watch the trial either. Cool. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Awol said:

Kyle killed two really awful people (in self-defence) who, as a random sample of the crowd, raise at least a quizzical eyebrow as to the presentation of events in Kenosha by the media. Does it not? 

Nope, completely irrelevant.

On 20/11/2021 at 17:09, chrisp65 said:

Was it freed or already free and now exonerated?

I caught a bit of it on the news but didn’t get around to following it up.

Fascinating few years of U.S. history around that time.

Yup, exonerated. Good spot.

Fascinating feels like a good description, yet one that totally underwhelms on the actual happenings, with Hoover doing all sorts at FBI, and the red scare implanted in the nations mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Yup, exonerated. Good spot.

Fascinating feels like a good description, yet one that totally underwhelms on the actual happenings, with Hoover doing all sorts at FBI, and the red scare implanted in the nations mind.

It's almost as if authoritarian regimes use their domestic law enforcement departments to manipulate their populations and the do that with a lot of psyops.

• Like 3

On 20/11/2021 at 05:15, tonyh29 said:

I just saw it on the BBC news … pre the shooting he turned up armed with an automatic rifle and told a reporter , if there is trouble I’m heading towards it to help out , that’s why I brought my rifle 

he then happened to find trouble and kill 2 people 

In any other country in the world that’s pre -meditated murder , in America he walks ?

absolutely bat shit crazy , 

It wasn't an automatic rifle. No offence but if there's facts wrong in the first sentence of reporting I'd question the rest.

On 20/11/2021 at 14:12, Awol said:

Then I’m not surprised that you are surprised. Media coverage constructed a completely false narrative, as did the prosecution.

It looked highly likely at one point that the judge would rule it a mistrial with prejudice, based on the malfeasance of the prosecution.

Best thing I’ve watched on screen for years, really gripping. 

when is it on netflix?

5 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

It wasn't an automatic rifle. No offence but if there's facts wrong in the first sentence of reporting I'd question the rest.

automatic rifle was me rather than the BBC , it sorta went rat-a-tat ,rat-a-tat ,rat-a-tat and left people dead on the ground , not being US high school student I'm not all that familiar with guns so i just assumed it was an automatic rather than a semi- automatic rifle .

• Like 3

On 20/11/2021 at 23:08, HanoiVillan said:

Even if this were true, that's not how self-defence works. If you commit a lawful act of self-defence you cannot then be considered the aggressor. That the 2nd and 3rd men may not have known this is not relevant to the case against Kyle Rittenhouse. 

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Even if this were true, that's not how self-defence works. If you commit a lawful act of self-defence you cannot then be considered the aggressor. That the 2nd and 3rd men may not have known this is not relevant to the case against Kyle Rittenhouse. 

The issue here is that what is decided in a court is not the only way to perceive a situation. Nobody is disagreeing that Rittenhouse has been found in court to have acted in self-defence. 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

when is it on netflix?

All on YouTube for posterity. 

Looks like the guy who attacked the children’s marching band with an SUV in Waukesha Wisconsin (about 50 miles from Kenosha) last night was a black nationalist BLM supporter called Darrell Brooks. Just out of jail (two days) and another convicted pedo, incidentally. 4 confirmed dead and 40 injured. 

I don’t think self-defence will fly for this one. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Awol said:

All on YouTube for posterity. 

Looks like the guy who attacked the children’s marching band with an SUV in Waukesha Wisconsin (about 50 miles from Kenosha) last night was a black nationalist BLM supporter called Darrell Brooks. Just out of jail (two days) and another convicted pedo, incidentally. 4 confirmed dead and 40 injured. 

I don’t think self-defence will fly for this one.

The sentiment of the post seems to be correct, but not sure the highlighted bit is true at all.  I can see reference to consensual sex with a minor, but nothing about paedophilia.  Not sure you should be stating that on here.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The sentiment of the post seems to be correct, but not sure the highlighted bit is true at all.  I can see reference to consensual sex with a minor, but nothing about paedophilia.  Not sure you should be stating that on here.

Consensual sex with a minor, a.k.a. statutory rape. Nonce a young ‘un, get called a pedo. He trafficked the same girl to Nevada and pimped her out. 

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Consensual sex with a minor, a.k.a. statutory rape. Nonce a young ‘un, get called a pedo. He trafficked the same girl to Nevada and pimped her out. 

Christ not another trial you watched. 

• Haha 2

Â