Jimzk5

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hate these clearings in the woods who are going on strike, no sympathy at all and buying clubs should really be wary

Any player going on strike should be banned for the season

I think they should be forced to pay their contract off if they break the terms of their contract. 

He's a disgrace to his profession. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If the team he plays for is completely shit

He's completely hopeless, in a completely shit team, and so were he to leave is a big loss to that completely shit team? Righto.

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

He's completely hopeless, in a completely shit team, and so were he to leave is a big loss to that completely shit team? Righto.

Mcginn was hopeless under Gerrard. I'd have been really upset if he left, because we all know how good he can be in the right circumstances. 

52 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Exactly. A completely hopeless player can still be a big loss if the team is equally as hopeless.

4 hours ago, useless said:

From reading Wolves fans' comments, I don't think Nunes was anywhere near their best player last season, and that's not them being bitter now it looks like he's leaving, they were saying the same during last season and after it, for the most part it seemed he was underwhelming.

That said they're still disappointed to be losing him as had this idea that last season he was played out of position and that he was slowly improving, so was hopeful he could become a big player for them this season.

Also moaning about the transfer fee, despite seemingly making a decent profit on a midfielder that wasn't great for them, shows how Rice and Caicedo transfers have distorted the perception.

They're apprently being offered James McAtee or Callum Doyle as part of the deal, thought they would have tried to get Cole Palmer.

Makes no sense Callum Doyle is on loan at Leicester.

Nunes was underwhelming last season, but their was an idea that he was used out of position, so their fans had big hopes that if used correclty he could become an important player for them.

Obviously the loss wouldn't be an isolated thing either, as would come against the backdrop of having already lost, Lopetegui, Neves, Collins, Adama, Jiménez, Coady, and so on, so for Wolves fans the disappointment isn't just about losing Nunes, but a culmulative thing.

Nathan Collins' departure was similar, he wasn't great last season, but fans were still very disappointed to lose him as there was a sense he would improve.

Edited by useless

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

(This is not targeted at you but) I kind of don't like the 'going on strike' language that we default to in these situations either. A strike is a form of collective action; this is purely individual. If I refused to turn up to work unless my boss gave me a raise I think it would be a stretch to call that a strike really. 

Is a strike always collective? Someone going on hunger strike can be an individual?

Merriam-Webster's definition of strike = "to stop work in order to force an employer to comply with demands"  Nothing about a collective. 

I realise the banker is taking on a teacher in a language query so I may be on shaky ground :D 

• Like 1

If he really wanted to force the move as he thinks theyve over priced him, instead of going on strike he could just put a transfer request in. 

However, that would lose him his loyalty bonus.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Is a strike always collective? Someone going on hunger strike can be an individual?

Merriam-Webster's definition of strike = "to stop work in order to force an employer to comply with demands"  Nothing about a collective. 

I realise the banker is taking on a teacher in a language query so I may be on shaky ground :D 

Nah, you make a fair point to be honest, hadn't thought about it that way but I think you're probably right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/08/2023 at 09:04, Don_Simon said:

Ooooooh, I like this. 

How can, "near hopeless" and "be a big loss" be concurrently true?

As has been stated, because their whole team was hopeless last season. Therefore, a player who is only "near hopeless" is automatically better than the rest.

• Haha 1

On 30/08/2023 at 14:41, JPAngel said:

Man City have agreed their deal for Nunes, then. I'm very intrigued to see how they as a club react to this...

If it was the noses they'd put that £53m towards paying the £99m government loan they took out.

• Like 1

Â