Jimzk5

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Nunes was Wolves’ best player last season. Thought he might end up at Liverpool.

Will be a big loss for them.

He really wasn't, Neves and Lemina when he came in January far more integral to their survival.

Everytime I've seen him for Wolves he's been underwhelming. Of course Man. City is different circumstances.

Wolves signed him for over 40m didn't they so actually interested how much Man. City pay for him.

Wolves are probably better balanced with midfield trio of Lemina-Traore-Gomes and then Neto and Cunha either side of the big CF.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

About what? Buying a season ticket

He was near hopeless last season

Better than Kalvin Philips though! 

Matheus Nunes has good stats for progressive passing and carrying the ball forward, which is something Man City are lacking with De Bruyne injured and Gundogan gone. Paqueta would have been a better all around signing, but Nunes as an alternative makes sense.

2 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Matheus Nunes has good stats for progressive passing and carrying the ball forward, which is something Man City are lacking with De Bruyne injured and Gundogan gone. Paqueta would have been a better all around signing, but Nunes as an alternative makes sense.

Good signing for Pep 

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hate these clearings in the woods who are going on strike, no sympathy at all and buying clubs should really be wary

Any player going on strike should be banned for the season

Got to be some way to stop paying them while they’re refusing to be footballers

On 23/08/2023 at 18:59, Zatman said:

About what? Buying a season ticket

He was near hopeless last season

On 23/08/2023 at 21:47, jacketspuds said:

Nunes was Wolves’ best player last season. Thought he might end up at Liverpool.

Will be a big loss for them.

Scenes.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hate these clearings in the woods who are going on strike, no sympathy at all and buying clubs should really be wary

Any player going on strike should be banned for the season

(This is not targeted at you but) I kind of don't like the 'going on strike' language that we default to in these situations either. A strike is a form of collective action; this is purely individual. If I refused to turn up to work unless my boss gave me a raise I think it would be a stretch to call that a strike really. 

• Like 3

From reading Wolves fans' comments, I don't think Nunes was anywhere near their best player last season, and that's not them being bitter now it looks like he's leaving, they were saying the same during last season and after it, for the most part it seemed he was underwhelming.

That said they're still disappointed to be losing him as had this idea that last season he was played out of position and that he was slowly improving, so was hopeful he could become a big player for them this season.

Also moaning about the transfer fee, despite seemingly making a decent profit on a midfielder that wasn't great for them, shows how Rice and Caicedo transfers have distorted the perception.

They're apprently being offered James McAtee or Callum Doyle as part of the deal, thought they would have tried to get Cole Palmer.

Â