Jimzk5

2 hours ago, useless said:

O'Neill was just unfairly maligned as not seen as a glamorous appointment, so he's doing better than many expected, but their squad isn't bad at all, so having them midtable is hardly some sort of miracle.

If Rob Edwards keeps Luton up he will deserve manager of the year, will deserve praise if he even gets them close to it.

Why did it get so bad last season for them then? When Lopetegui took over they were bottom of the league and 15 games had been played at that point. Most of the side they have now was still there and they probably had better quality in CM with Neves and Moutinho (Lemina is very very good at breaking counters up though).

Pretty sure Hwang went a year without scoring in prem so that's one area of huge improvement that was needed as this time last year it was Diego Costa upfront.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Not looking forward to playing them at home, luckly its not till end of March.

If we lose one home game this season I'd put money on these wankpuffins to do it.

• Like 2

I said their squad isn't bad at all and getting them to eleventh isn't some sort of miracle, I didn't say he was a bad manager or hadn't done well, but he's hardly going to be a contender for manager of the year based on getting that Wolves squad to eleventh. Truth be told they're probably about where they should be.

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Why did it get so bad last season for them then? When Lopetegui took over they were bottom of the league and 15 games had been played at that point. Most of the side they have now was still there and they probably had better quality in CM with Neves and Moutinho (Lemina is very very good at breaking counters up though).

Pretty sure Hwang went a year without scoring in prem so that's one area of huge improvement that was needed as this time last year it was Diego Costa upfront.

Bruno Lage was/is a bit of a clown. Apparently Purslow really wanted him to replace Smith before lockdown if not him then Gerrard

Edited by Zatman

The story was briefly that we were considering Lage, but then that quickly changed to Sawiris was buying Vitoria and wanted him as their manager. At the time I remember wondering if the story changed because we were going to sack Smith and replace him with Lage upon relegation, but then because Smith kept us up, we could hardly sack him after that, and wouldn't have reflected well on the club that we had been considering a change, so a cover up story of sorts was cast into the media, but as it eventually turned out there was some truth to Sawiris buying Vitoria rumours, so who knows, maybe there was some truth to both, we considered him for Vitoria and Villa, or maybe we or Vitoria were never going to give him a job, Mystère et boules de gomme.

O'Neill is doing well, but I think the point with him isn't that he's overachieving with the Wolves squad, it's that he's doing much better than people, including Wolves fans, predicted he would do, as was seen as a cheap budget option, and there was an element of snobbery because he had been sacked by Bournemouth

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Christ this thread took some finding, I guess we really don't give a shit about Wolves.

Anyway wolves fan does Maths

Haha thick words removed

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

Christ this thread took some finding, I guess we really don't give a shit about Wolves.

Anyway wolves fan does Maths

Ohh cause it was a replay that went to extra time. So he's actually kinda right that the tie had 6 halves.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, villan95 said:

Ohh cause it was a replay that went to extra time. So he's actually kinda right that the tie had 6 halves.

He is kind of right and they're just having a bit of a laugh

But that's plastered all over my Facebook and insta this morning by baggies fans taking the piss

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

the **** did Graham Hughes do to them to deserve this

IMG_4643-1024x768.jpg

It’s like stadium/stand apartheid 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Credit to O’Neil they looked an absolute shambles in the summer getting rid of the manager, but he’s gone in and done really well there. 

Apart from the 3 coming up, they were on most people cards for relegation.

He seemed a little bit punchy on their lack of Jan spending, so i'll be interested to see how this plays out over the summer. He's done a fine job and will be in demand.

On 05/02/2024 at 17:09, HanoiVillan said:

the **** did Graham Hughes do to them to deserve this

IMG_4643-1024x768.jpg

I like how they've covered up the scaffolding that holds that all up with black carpet? Or is that black curtains? 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â