Jimzk5

Just now, sidcow said:

nevermind-whatever.gif

I wonder how many on VT actually know who this character is.  Well quite a few obviously because there are a lot of old bastards on here, but I bet a lot of young un's use this GIF not knowing where its from and how typical that utterance would have been from him 😁

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wonder how many on VT actually know who this character is.  Well quite a few obviously because there are a lot of old bastards on here, but I bet a lot of young un's use this GIF not knowing where its from and how typical that utterance would have been from him 😁

I’m old enough to know who it is and where it’s taken from.

But I’m young enough to have never seen the show (I wouldn’t know how often he said it, but I am vaguely aware of some of the things he will have said to Melvyn Hayes). I see it in the schedules occasionally being repeated but never felt inclined to watch.

• Like 1

I get frustrated when we play Wolves....but to temper that feeling, they are not a bad side. I see some good stuff, in their play.

I watched their game against Newcastle....and while Newcastle showed bags of aggression and forced errors out of wolves....Wolves stayed strong, and fought back.

When you consider how many players they have lost, Gary O'Neill has done a damn good job to date.

I think we under estimate them a tad.....our draw was a good one.

• Like 1

Wolves can be a good help for us this season if they continue to take points of our rivals and still not be consistent enough to challenge us in league position. (I know they took 2pts of us too but it’s always helpful if they can stop the others). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Wolves can be a good help for us this season if they continue to take points of our rivals and still not be consistent enough to challenge us in league position. (I know they took 2pts of us too but it’s always helpful if they can stop the others). 

sound point.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

O'Neill was just unfairly maligned as not seen as a glamorous appointment, so he's doing better than many expected, but their squad isn't bad at all, so having them midtable is hardly some sort of miracle.

If Rob Edwards keeps Luton up he will deserve manager of the year, will deserve praise if he even gets them close to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gary O'Neil is doing the 2nd best job in the league this season after Unai

He was good at Bournemouth and didn't deserve to lose his job based on how comfortably they stayed up. Ultimately Bill Foley made the change and now they're in wonderful form under Iraola so guess it's one of those where it's suited both parties in the long run.

He is doing outstandingly well considering he had no pre season whatsoever with that squad. They could easily be where West Ham currently are when you think of some of the nonsense late penalty calls which have gone against them at key parts in the season.

Would be very very annoying if we weren't doing a great job this season ourselves.

Â