Jimzk5

If Fulham win their game in hand, they'll only be six points off Wolves.

I don't think they will be in any danger of going down, but it can't be totally written off, unless their form improves. I look at the fixtures and their next three games are Arsenal, Leicester and Southampton, so things could be looking worse for them after those.

Edited by useless

17 minutes ago, useless said:

If Fulham win their game in hand, they'll only be six points off Wolves.

I don't think they will be in any danger of going down, but it can't be totally written off, unless their form improves. I look at the fixtures and their next three games are Arsenal, Leicester and Southampton, so things could be looking worse for them after those.

That's not 3 easy games is it.

41 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wonder if he'll walk or get sacked before the season is out. There's clearly something more underlying going on.

He'll go wherever Mendes tells him to I suspect. 

It seems the bubble has burst for our pseudo rivals. Can they go back to bothering Albion fans again now? 

• Haha 1

I think It's a combination of various things,

the players they've lost either to injuries or being sold to other clubs,

them trying to change their system and style of play part way through the season,

and they had a poor summer transfer window,

they especially needed to strengthen their central midfield, Wolves fans have been crying out for it, oter fans perhaps see names like Neves and Moutinho and think that they can't possibly be weak in that area, but both of those have been poor for a while now, neither would get in our midfield at the moment, Luiz has been playing better than Neves since the end of last season, Mouthinho wouldn't get in ahead of McGinn or Barkley, they've got nothing in terms of an attacking/creative threat from central midfield at all.

7 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

What exactly is going wrong there? They have always been a boring watch imo but still this time last year they where knocking on the door for a champions  league spot 

It is a combination of things.

A small squad that had historically been very lucky with injuries unable to cope with. Key one.

A change from a back 5 to a back 4 exposing Cody a little.

Confidence ebbing away as a result of the above two.

Their CM’s are ageing and it is a weakness for them. Traore has gone back to being shit and they miss Doherty.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Wolves biggest mistake is not cashing in on Traore, last summer was his highest price ever 

Well is he a Mendes client? If not then if he does not benefit then there is the answer.

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think they will go down but they are going to struggle the second half of the season.

I thought that but I watched them a bit recently,  garbage at the moment.  Made Albion look good.

Awful currently but hopefully that does not change.

If either Wolves or Newcastle can be dragged down with albion,  a thing of utter beauty that would be.

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

William Jose already looking a threat. They'll be fine, but I wonder if Nuno will be.

Nuno will be off in the summer imo, he's mentioning his family loads in his interview (didn't realise they weren't with him in the West Midlands) and I think that wonderful donation of 250k to fight poverty in Wolverhampton will be a parting gift from him aswell as of course giving Wolves fans so many good memories from the last three years, getting them up and etablishing them in prem so he'll go with 99.9% of Wolves fans best wishes and probably rock up in La Liga again.

Think he also realises he's taking this squad as fas he can with the business model and then looking very dodgy when they played some games with a back 4 so feels like the right time.

Wolves issue is replacing him. They've had a taste of what they look like selling on key players so they're running into the same problems we did from August 2010 when MON and Milner left us in the same month and it was a very rapid descent down the league table. Wolves look very likely to finish bottom half now so it's going to be a tricky job for whoever they get in next given the increased expecations there now they must be in contention to qualify for europe.

• Like 1

Â