Jimzk5

21 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I read a comment by one of their fans. He said Konsa is a championship defender.

Now either he doesn't watch villa play or...wolves have some seriously amazing defenders. 

Or he is a **** idiot.....

For the prosecution m'lud, exhibit 1. He supports Wolves.

Keep seeing their fans commenting on how Villa fans are only now speaking up because we're now above them in the league and that we were quiet before. They talk as if they've been better than us for decades, and after one good season we're speaking up, which is ironic as that's pretty much what happened with them, were inferior to us for decades and only started to try make a rivalary just because they had a few seasons when they were doing better.

Even saw one of them try and claim that we're only above them now because we're having our 'best ever season'.

Edited by useless
  • Haha 4

our first 11 vs their first 11 is superior

Take 5 players out their side and they would be bottom 3

Tedious having this argument every game week. Why do people always want to knock wolves without the ****ing context

Few injuries and everyone forgets anything previous to these matches .

No injuries

decent pre season

signings

it’s no wonder they have improved . But give us a pre season, and no injuries and we would easily be top 4 this season IMO

Please don’t put grealish and Fernandes in the same comparison.

they are worlds apart.

Despite grealish ability To win free kicks , his end product really is poor

These are all from the same poster on their Villa thread.  To be fair there's a lot of pushback and fair points made from other posters but I really want some of what this guy is smoking.

• Haha 1

I like the 'take 5 players out of their squad line'.  What is even the basis for this?  That they have 2 long term injuries?  (Jimenez and Jonny).

West Brom got smashed by Man City last night.  But if you took 5 players out of City's team and put them on West Brom's team, they wouldn't. 

Seem to be pretty rubbish judges of players tbh. I'm pretty sure most were happy with the deal for Jota and now it's evident how much they miss him.

Neves was compared to Grealish but in truth bang average albeit I still think he can be a top player.

Boly was being classed as one of the best defenders in the league. But in truth just worked well in their system and like Coast is a lot more exposed in a 4-4-2.

Traore... One purple patch but no end product.

Saying that Jimenez is a fantastic player and I really like Neto. And I'm pretty sure Silva will be a great player in time. 

We are better than them now and it's simply because we have a better team and has nothing to do with anything else. Our investment in the summer has aided that but shows how good we did nailing every transfer.

I think Wolves have tremendous forward options Neto, Jimenez, Fabio Silva, Podence even for limited minutes Traore. Sure Semedo is a better attacker than defender.

Issue is defence, they were protected in a 5 Boly, Coady and even Doherty. Changed to a 4 and look poor. Patricio having a De Gea type season in front of a shit defence 

• Like 1

Most Wolves fans will tell you that their biggest issues reside in central midfield, for a start Neves, Moutinho, and Leander Dendoncker are the only senior options they have, that's just three midfielders, and of those Moutinho has been out form and has probably seen his best days now, Dendoncker as a central defender converted to midfielder is somewhat limited, and Neves hasn't been as good as his reputiation for a while now and these days is probably one of those players that's rated more by fans of other teams than his own fans.

There's potential for Neves to find his old form, but it's an area they really need to strengthen.

As for their forward options they look good on paper, but something's not right there, even before Jiménez's injury they were struggling to score goals, again it probably comes down to their midfield.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Neves was compared to Grealish but in truth bang average albeit I still think he can be a top player.

Do you remember the night that Grealish scored at Villa Park against Cardiff with a worldie and Neves scored a beauty on the same night and the Wolves fans just wouldnt accept that Grealishs goal could possibly be better. They were both very good goals with very little between them.

On 23/01/2021 at 18:25, villa4europe said:

I liked the one that said we're having our best season ever they're having a shit season but we're still only 7 pinta ahead of them

Edit - topped by the one saying konsa is championship level 😂

Our best season ever? Did they forget that we're Villa and they're Wolves? This is their best 3 years in modern history.

35 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Do you remember the night that Grealish scored at Villa Park against Cardiff with a worldie and Neves scored a beauty on the same night and the Wolves fans just wouldnt accept that Grealishs goal could possibly be better. They were both very good goals with very little between them.

Neves' probably was better tbf as in harder to do.  Jack could only hit what's coming at him though, what did they want him to do, flick it up 10 times before hitting it?

Anyway McGinn's was better than both.

• Like 1

Anyone know if Saiss is out of contract end of the season?

He was outstanding for them in defence over xmas and can also fill in at DM so would be a clever pick up if they don't want him to stay and he wants to stay in the area.

We'd certainly need to pick up that versatile option if we make europe.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone know if Saiss is out of contract end of the season?

He was outstanding for them in defence over xmas and can also fill in at DM so would be a clever pick up if they don't want him to stay and he wants to stay in the area.

We'd certainly need to pick up that versatile option if we make europe.

Ooo they don't want to lose him, always seems to crop up with a goal as well. 

Just to illustrate how poor their form is, looking at the premier league table after twenty-one games last season, Bournemouth in eighteenth were on twenty points, we one place above them were on twenty-one points, so Wolves only have two more points now than we did at the same stage last season. Only reason they aren't in serious relegation trouble is the poorer than usual form of the bottom three.

• Like 1

The loss of Docherty and Jota and in a difference sense, Jiminez, has been the catalyst for them. 

For all their moaning about Nuno, I don’t think there’s anyone who could improve their current squad and get them back up there 

• Like 1

Â