Jimzk5

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think neves is wasted there to be honest. Of i was him i would be looking to move on.

Also shows what a miss jota is to them. They must have felt the other signings they made would covered the loss of jota but seems that was massive blunder selling him

That's the model though isn't it, buy jota, buy neto, sell jota and neto steps up, to be fair thats worked

Traores dip in form is monstrous though and more importantly than that the conveyor belt of buy jimenez, buy silva... Silva is nowhere near ready, same in the middle with vitinha 

Then you throw in the change from 5 at the back to 4 and that they went out and got hoever and ait Nouri who again aren't really and would look better as wing backs in a 5

Semedo is also garbage 

Their bench last night is pretty piss poor too suggesting that they also have squad depth issues 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd break the bank to sign Neto this summer, he would be top target pay whatever it takes.

Nothing to do with damaging them, I think he is going to be a star and him and Jack on either flank would be amazing.

Neto is a unreal talent. If i was a United or a liverpool id be looking at signing him  

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Neto is a unreal talent. If i was a United or a liverpool id be looking at signing him  

I’m sure they are but if we are at all serious about trying to really challenge that is the sort of player we need to at least be trying to sign.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2021 at 11:24, villa4europe said:

we all know the answer to this problem

See the source image

It would cause havoc with goalkeepers. You could have had Carlton Palmer bending it like Beckham. 

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Injuries have really played their part. From the outside looking in, it seemed like they went about 3 seasons without any serious injuries only to have several horrific ones in the past 12-18 months. 

There are probably other factors. Again, from a casually observed viewpoint it seems like things have gone a bit stagnant, the momentum has kinda disappeared. Don’t know how much of an impact their foray into Europe has had on them. 

Things can change very quickly.

7 hours ago, useless said:

They went through a stage where it seemed they could do no wrong in the transfer market every player they signed seemed to make an impact and fit into their team seamlessly and make them better. But the last really good window they had was the one when they were promoted, since then Neto aside, their signings haven't made much of an impact. They also have a big problem in central midfield, which was apparent before this season but they failed to address it.

If Fulham beat them on Friday they will only be six points above the relegation zone, they're lucky that after that they have games against Albion, Sheffield United, Burnley and Brighton to get some points and make sure of safety, because their final three games are Spurs, Everton and Man Utd, wouldn't want to be going into those still not yet safe.

This is the way I see it.  In fact I'm certain there's a post from me along these lines earlier in this thread. 

A miraculous run of no serious injuries, especially to key players, and a similarly miraculous run of hit signings. 

Both runs have come to an end and Wolves have turned to shit. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m sure they are but if we are at all serious about trying to really challenge that is the sort of player we need to at least be trying to sign.

We need to get these kinds of players at original source.  His next move will be to someone higher than us.

• Like 3

Wolves reportedly wanted about £70m for Traore last season after he got 4 goals and 9 assists.

Neto has 5 goals and 8 assists already this season so I can only imagine they'd want even more than that.

Obviously they aren't going to have an exact goal contribution to value ratio but it seems that Neto has been more important to them this season than Traore was last.

Also worth noting that their owners Fosun are eyewateringly large and not in any need of cashflow.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

We need to get these kinds of players at original source.  His next move will be to someone higher than us.

Yeah I'm the same with ASM when he's discussed in the transfer thread

We need the next one and then patience, I think we're still in too much of a rebuild to spend 50-75% of our budget on one player 

Which is a shame because neto is a cracking player and **** wolves it'd be brilliant if they lost one of their best players to us 

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

We do need to find players at source but if we want to climb the food tree then we have to also evolve and start trying to pick up players like him.

His next move may well be to a higher club but as I said we should still be truing to sign players like that. If we want to keep our best players, raise the profile of the club and the standard of players we can attract that is what we have to do even if we are unsuccessful.

In terms of someone higher than us, Liverpool perhaps but they may have other priorities. I don’t see Chelsea or the Manchester clubs going for him. Spurs I don’t think can afford him, Arsenal certainly can’t.

Leicester would be more attractive especially with CL then there is Everton.

If we want to compete we have to compete.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Wolves reportedly wanted about £70m for Traore last season after he got 4 goals and 9 assists.

Neto has 5 goals and 8 assists already this season so I can only imagine they'd want even more than that.

Obviously they aren't going to have an exact goal contribution to value ratio but it seems that Neto has been more important to them this season than Traore was last.

Also worth noting that their owners Fosun are eyewateringly large and not in any need of cashflow.

Difference is Neto is probably worth it

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Yet they sold Doherty to Spurs and the lad to Liverpool. I don’t think Fosun’s wealth is directly relevant to Wolves position.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Yet they sold Doherty to Spurs and the lad to Liverpool. I don’t think Fosun’s wealth is directly relevant to Wolves position.

True but Jota was a bit part player for them last year and seemed to have regressed from his first season and yet they still charged Liverpool £40m. Doherty for £16m seemed a poor bit of business for them but with hindsight they ended up with Semedo for just £10m more and based on how good he was on FIFA for Barca (a semi-joke) they did alright.

I'm not saying they won't sell if it makes sense but Neto has been their best player this year and it would be a top 5 all time PL fee to get him to move imho.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Difference is Neto is probably worth it

Agree he's definitely better value than Traore but I don't think this is the summer NSWE spend £70m+ on one player, I think that's next year when our squad is a bit deeper after another 4-5 quality additions for smaller fees.

15 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Agree totally about Neto, I do wonder what's happened to Neves. I would have wanted him to sign a couple of years ago, still obviously has talent so where is the issue?

he just never really moved on or he got too stuck in Wolves style, he is still decent but looks a bit stale. A transfer might revitalize him but I dont think he will be going to a superpower as was previously predicted like a Real, United or City

@YouUnastanFren from what I've seen of him and read a little about Semedo has been terrible, he's even come out today and said it's been a poor season!

Not sure if he's one of these who has suffered with playing as a RB in a 4 rather than a RWB in a 5, that's definitely what I've seen aimed at hoever and ait Nouri on their forum

7 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

True but Jota was a bit part player for them last year and seemed to have regressed from his first season and yet they still charged Liverpool £40m. Doherty for £16m seemed a poor bit of business for them but with hindsight they ended up with Semedo for just £10m more and based on how good he was on FIFA for Barca (a semi-joke) they did alright.

I'm not saying they won't sell if it makes sense but Neto has been their best player this year and it would be a top 5 all time PL fee to get him to move imho.

Agree he's definitely better value than Traore but I don't think this is the summer NSWE spend £70m+ on one player, I think that's next year when our squad is a bit deeper after another 4-5 quality additions for smaller fees.

Sorry but this is just inaccurate in my view.

Jota wasn’t a bit part player for them, he made 34 appearances for them in the PL his last season, more than the previous season. He scored 7 goals.

He also played 14 and scored 9 in the Europa League that season. Absolutely not a bit part player or a player that was regressing.

As for Semedo he has had a poor season, I don’t see how its been a good replacement.

Â