Jimzk5

Believed the hype about needing to kick on to the next level? When in reality finishing 7th was a very good achievement for Wolves.

However, I suppose with no European football it doesn't keep players like Jiminez, Traore and Neves at the club long term so maybe they felt they had to go for broke or would go backwards soon anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Believed the hype about needing to kick on to the next level? When in reality finishing 7th was a very good achievement for Wolves.

However, I suppose with no European football it doesn't keep players like Jiminez, Traore and Neves at the club long term so maybe they felt they had to go for broke or would go backwards soon anyway.

Just like us under MON-

Play some decent football sure, but nothing to show for it.

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Haven’t seen them yet properly this season, but I’ve read that Nuno is now trying to get them to play a more dominating possession based game?

If it ain’t broke...

It would be less successful if didn't mix it up a bit. But great result haha

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Just like us under MON-

Play some decent football sure, but nothing to show for it.

we didnt play good football under MON

as a Bielsa lover you should be ashamed trying to say that was what we did

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we didnt play good football under MON

as a Bielsa lover you should be ashamed trying to say that was what we did

I thought you played pretty exciting stuff when you had Carew in the team. Can distinctly remember a period where you played 4-3-3 and won about 8 games in a row, one of which beating Arsenal away but you played some absolutely dire stuff for the most part.

Get Carew a statue outside VP

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't see that result coming.  First time we've conceded a goal or dropped a point against them since promotion so it was due I guess.  Bloody horrible as I love pretty much next door to their stadium.

Interesting that lots of the teams who were in Germany or Portugal at the end of the season are struggling a bit.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s interesting Wolves, Nuno seems to be trying to transition them from a countering side to more of a possession side. 

Apparently that’s the case. Will probably be a trying season

4 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Apparently that’s the case. Will probably be a trying season

Hopefully for Wolves sake its better than the Paul Lambert possession football he tried to implement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s interesting Wolves, Nuno seems to be trying to transition them from a countering side to more of a possession side. 

From what I can gather, the transition to being an established PL side usually starts with counter attacking because you know you'll be outclassed when you're first promoted, then as you get better you convert to controlling games to cement yourself as one of the big boys. It makes plenty of sense to me.

18 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Yeah, I didn't see that result coming.  First time we've conceded a goal or dropped a point against them since promotion so it was due I guess.  Bloody horrible as I love pretty much next door to their stadium.

Interesting that lots of the teams who were in Germany or Portugal at the end of the season are struggling a bit.

the graham norton show brb crying GIF

• Haha 1

Â