Jimzk5

8 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Not the best performance, but I expected that yesterday.  Happy with the clean sheet.

I switched off after the Wolves game, how did you lot get on?

Oh, you know. Scraped a lucky win.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wolves have twice as many points now as they had at this point last season.

Could be a transitional season for them, as they've lost a few players, have a few others out with injury and it seems that Moutinho's form is starting to dip now as well, the central midfield area is where I think they're weak, Neves and Moutinho are good players but they're both very similar, age is probably catching up with Moutinho and have seen a lot of their fans expressing concern over Neves' consistency and asking if they're using him in the right way, was surprised they didn't strengthen more in that area with another midfielder that can offer them something a little different.

All that said I'd still expect them to finish between midtable and seventh, unless they have an injury crisis.

• Like 1

Tough one for them (although the sort of "tough" problem you'd want) as they've got to try and transition from being a good side pushing to be "best of the rest" to actually challenging on a top 6 place with regularity.  It seems they've shifted playing style a bit - although that may be down to losing Diogo Jota and not seeming as bright going forward - but you'd expect it click sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Early days but wolves looking like they made a massive mistake selling jota and doherty.

This is the problem they have, “Wolves” don’t decide what happens to their players since they outsourced buying and selling to Mendes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Had to laugh when I heard a Wolves fan on WM said we should enjoy beating Liverpool 7-2 as we would still be getting relegated 🤣

Must be a bit rattled that we aren't the same team as last season and getting concerned their time above us could be very short lived.

Personally I think they will still be a few places higher but be funny to see their reactions and start to panic if we can stay above them for a while into the season.

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is the problem they have, “Wolves” don’t decide what happens to their players since they outsourced buying and selling to Mendes.

I prefer our model build a young vibrant team mainly british that we dont owe anything to like mendes.

Yes they sign some top quality but you noticed how many are xoming from Portugal?

18 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Had to laugh when I heard a Wolves fan on WM said we should enjoy beating Liverpool 7-2 as we would still be getting relegated 🤣

Must be a bit rattled that we aren't the same team as last season and getting concerned their time above us could be very short lived.

Personally I think they will still be a few places higher but be funny to see their reactions and start to panic if we can stay above them for a while into the season.

This. They've jumped at the chance to gloat these last few years, and well deserved, they've been brilliant. 

But after waiting decades to be finally well above us, it would be hilarious if it actually only lasted for 3 seasons before they were back in our shadow.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This. They've jumped at the chance to gloat these last few years, and well deserved, they've been brilliant. 

But after waiting decades to be finally well above us, it would be hilarious if it actually only lasted for 3 seasons before they were back in our shadow.

Imagine that it would be hilarous.  

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It was difficult to continue my initial praise with many of their supporters as so many were 'Villa this, Grealish that' with pinned tweets about Villa despite their club having its best ever season at PL level.

Like you say, the way some talked like Villa were never coming out the Championship, to then do it in half the time it took them, if this flips very quickly we will be sure to let them know about it 😉 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Portos owner has been in the papers

Silva had a 10m€ release clause up until last November when he signed a new deal, moved for 40m€ with a 10m€ agent fee this summer 

Why the **** are agents fees now part of contracts? Absolute scum. 

They are playing on the fact that players are mainly not the brightest. In many cases players will not be able to move or get a new deal BECAUSE of the fee for the person employed by them to make deals. Now the player is working for the agent. What a mess.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Has he played much for them so far, forgot about all the hype when they signed him. Guess he's a long term project anyway.

He came on against City but cant remember him doing too much

Â