Jimzk5

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I truly believe Nuno has hit the ceiling with them. Can't see him taking them further with that style of football.

Think they will finish around 7th/8th

I don't see this as a big problem. 7th/8th is **** terrific for Wolves, I'm not sure it's realistic to expect them to top that with the resources at the club.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't see this as a big problem. 7th/8th is **** terrific for Wolves, I'm not sure it's realistic to expect them to top that with the resources at the club.

Their fanbase is another that bought in to the ultra competitive PL rich owners and they were going places, now they've hit the same stumbling block that several other clubs hit

They were told what the PL was all about and how big a jump it was from being a good team to a great one and getting top 4 and came back with that's not them they are different 

They're not different 

They're not better than what villa did under MON, they're incredibly blinkered to it though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The owners want to be in CL but going to be difficult given they've already sold Doherty and Jota and they could well cash in on Jimenez as I think his contract is running down.

Neves stock seems to have gone down this season with him not starting as much and Moutinho now mid 30s so midfield needs a bit of a rebuild.

Think they're where we are around around 2010 now although will take a few horrific boardroom calls to get them falling down the league as we spectacularly did.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They're not better than what villa did under MON, they're incredibly blinkered to it though

Not even in question.  O’Neill finished 6th three times which they haven’t managed and they haven’t met his points total in any of those seasons either.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The owners want to be in CL but going to be difficult given they've already sold Doherty and Jota and they could well cash in on Jimenez as I think his contract is running down.

Neves stock seems to have gone down this season with him not starting as much and Moutinho now mid 30s so midfield needs a bit of a rebuild.

Think they're where we are around around 2010 now although will take a few horrific boardroom calls to get them falling down the league as we spectacularly did.

He signed a new deal until 2024. Doubt they'll sell him.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I feel like that's the first back 4 wolves have played in the Prem.  Was it an enforced change due to injury or just tactical. 

its mainly played to accomodate Coady and his passing, apparently today was his 1st game missing in 115 games

• Thanks 1

On 09/11/2020 at 01:39, VillaChris said:

Selling your best players is not a good tactic if you want to play CL football.

They bought neto who is alright to be fair

That's the model, buy someone, buy his young replacement, sell him at a profit, keep the quality going

The problem is they'll hit the wall before they can make the jump to 4th and they will buy an nzogbia eventually 

Their set up is good though, vitinha will replace Mourinho, silva will replace jimenez, ait Nouri and hoever could be good players

I think they just need another 2 or 3 more established quality players to push on and even then it'll take luck

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Apparently Jiminez is conscious and will be fine. Great news, that looked sickening.

It's great news he's regained consciousness, but I have serious doubts he'll play football again, or at the least come back the same player. Ryan Mason never recovered and he was younger than Jimenez. In that case he wanted to return to football and felt able, but doctors ruled it out given the risk to him playing again. 

Either way wishing Jimenez a speedy and full recovery. Fantastic player and will be a huge loss for Wolves.

• Like 1

Â