Jimzk5

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

of course but still not the indication of a struggling team

True they are doing well again. Hes done a fantastic job there. Hopefully we can finish above them this season. Who will be the top Midland side. Leicester will be favourites. 

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Decent with Mings and Konsa either side??

i think maybe we think too much of konsa and England will come too soon for him, id be surprised if southgate was to introduce another CB during this cycle regardless of form (and its hard for a defender to make it impossible not to be selected)

mings as the left footed CB in a 3 makes perfect sense, the right sided if Gomez hits any kind of form this season it'll be Gomez, especially if the penny finally drops to southgate that the guy who is arguably the best RB in the world should play RB for England (but he cant defend! we're playing a back 5...)

so all that leaves is how does he shoehorn in dier, stones and maguire? and that's without considering walker and keane and then also tarkowski, dunk, him that leeds were desperate for (white? has he even played for brighton?) tomori if he gets another chance at Chelsea, no doubt some other youngster out of nowhere from the big boy clubs, theres a lot of noise around CB for England, a lot of them bang average but I don't know how konsa breaks through it

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

True they are doing well again. Hes done a fantastic job there. Hopefully we can finish above them this season. Who will be the top Midland side. Leicester will be favourites. 

Leicester

Wolves 

Villa

Albion

In that order. The only realistic alternative is that Wolves finish above Leicester. But I'd say the above is 90% certain.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

mings as the left footed CB in a 3 makes perfect sense, the right sided if Gomez hits any kind of form this season it'll be Gomez, especially if the penny finally drops to southgate that the guy who is arguably the best RB in the world should play RB for England (but he cant defend! we're playing a back 5...)

I think Gomez will be suffering with twisted blood for the next 12 months after the 7-2!!😉

21 hours ago, PaulC said:

There is only one top Midland side regardless of who finishes where in whatever division 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

There is only one top Midland side regardless of who finishes where in whatever division 

Come on, we all know thanks to the noise coming out of wolves and baggies fans that 3 years of finishing above us means the previous 30 years are somehow deemed irrelevant 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

It didn't take long for them to take to twitter with their pathetic Mind The Gap.....you would have thought with having played 2 games more they would have kept their powder dry.......

I have moved over to Shifnal from Moseley there are loads of them over here and quite a few Villa fans too.  The older lads I speak to are fine mutual respect and you can talk footy for hours.  We all agree its the younger fans that seem to get into arguments.

I have pointed out to the younger that its only in the past 4 years that they changed from Utd to Wolves.  Seems to shut them up.

It was certainly never like this when they came up under Jack Hayward.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, mykeyb said:

It didn't take long for them to take to twitter with their pathetic Mind The Gap.....you would have thought with having played 2 games more they would have kept their powder dry.......

You're joking right? What gap??

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

True but they also had 2 pens

Vardy may have scored on the second one if the first one was not given. Who knows

First one was key and changed their game plan but they are so boring to watch. Two counter attacking teams playing each other makes for a very dull match. its a good result for Leicester as these are the type of games they dont normally win. 

Edited by PaulC

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

First one was key and changed their game plan but they are so boring to watch. Two counter attacking teams playing each other makes for a very dull match. its a good result for Leicester as these are the type of games they dont normally win. 

Of course and Wolves has no Plan B.

First goal allowed Leicester to sit back and Wolves doesn't have the patterns of play against an established defence. Which is why they will never break into the top 4 under Nuno.

Â