Jimzk5

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I just went on it and I could not believe it. 

They know the names of our owners, the shares, the full team. 

As a fan base, we don't really give a crap about wolves. Personally, I don't mind them doing well.

I think their obsession is bigger than that of small heath, and less healthy - at least small heath have an inner city rivalry, what reason do wolves have to be so obsessed with us? Really small time. 

Their whole fan base is well funny.

My neutral position is probably hoping they do well, hope that annoys them. They'll ruin it this season I imagine, but I honestly care little for them.

So desperate for our attention, they're hilarious on twitter. Leap into any tweet about Villa.

I live and have lived in Halesowen all my life. 

I knew one family who "supported" wolves when I was a kid, and even then, Villa was their second team because we were in the Prem and they were locked in the Div 1 (the championship).  

When they came up in the early 2000s (I was at school) - suddenly I began seeing loads of shirts around and that one family, turned into about 7.  Then they went down again and I didn't see any of them anymore.  I went to uni in Wolves 2005-2008 and parked on the ground and even had lectures in the stadium in year 2 and 3 - I could turn up to almost any game and get a ticket, and on 2 or 3 occasions, it was barely half full - at this point they were in the championship. 

I think the stadium used to hold about 25k too.  

I think what I'm trying to say is - Wolves are a decent club, but their fans are called Dingles for a reason - most of them are **** thick as shit and fair weather.

It's fair play they're enjoying a good period, but I'll bet my mortgage that if they ever go down again, the fans will go back to being invisible.  

• Like 2

yep, I've popped along to a few wolves games in the past, a friends dad couldnt go so his season ticket came available, family member wants to go, I've sat in their end when we played them pre season just before doug sold up, I watched figo and a 20 year old Xavi play there in a friendly with my step dad (I went because Luis Enrique was my favourite player at the time)

I would guess there are a few of us here that can say the same

the majority of my family support west brom and I've never been there as a neutral, blues not a **** chance

stange how the same mate and his dad now try and take the piss out of our "rivalry" think I only know 1 die hard "villa never done that" fan though ie "we finished 7th and got in to Europe, villa never done that" not sure what world he lives in

Edited by villa4europe

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, I've popped along to a few wolves games in the past, a friends dad couldnt go so his season ticket came available, family member wants to go, I've sat in their end when we played them pre season just before doug sold up, I watched figo and a 20 year old Xavi play there in a friendly with my step dad (I went because Luis Enrique was my favourite player at the time)

I would guess there are a few of us here that can say the same

the majority of my family support west brom and I've never been there as a neutral, blues not a **** chance

stange how the same mate and his dad now try and take the piss out of our "rivalry" think I only know 1 die hard "villa never done that" fan though ie "we finished 7th and got in to Europe, villa never done that" not sure what world he lives in

Think I went to the same game :D Barcelona won 3-2 if I recall correctly? Funny game, I've never seen a match where it was so obvious that one team was playing within themselves with the express intention of winning by a single goal.

Anyway, the dingles - I couldn't care less really. It doesn't bother me to see them do well. I dislike the deal they have with Mendes, but that's not about them, I would feel that way about any club. Mind you, I'm in a minority on here in that I don't care about the Tesco bags either. 

Shouldn't  they be more interested in their main rivals wba? They should be loving it and relishing the derbies against us next season.

I suspect they are still bitter over the four one spanking we gave them 😂

I used to like / not mind Wolves until I happened across their forum last season. They're are just as bad as the Albion, complete one way rivalry most Villa fans don't give a shit about them or give them a second thought.

Couple of good seasons, made possible due to some dodgy af connection to Mendez, and they think they're a huge club.

Genuinely Wolves fans hardly ever thought about Villa before last season, at least since I've been following them.

Not gonna lie, there seem to be a lot of Wolves fans who don't like Villa, which has surprised me, but I still expect they're dwarfed by the silent majority who don't care much.

Most Wolves fans I know don't mind you at all, myself included.

To be honest, there hasn't been a lot to talk about recently either, and you had an interesting end to the season.

I assume he means their large Portugal contingent who won the European Championship in 2016. And the Nations League win last weekend. 

In his defence they would be major international honours..

Wolves are a fine club, with a fine team.....but whether they are or whether they are not, is no business of ours.

We have a job of rebuilding our status and that's all that should interest Villa fans......If other fans see fit to have a poke at us for doing that, bully for them, ( Oops sorry for the pun) ignore them.

• Like 3

I think it's starting to look like a big year for them, if they are serious about CL and think they can get it then it's not next year or within 3 years, Chelsea and utd looking probably as weak as they will, arsenal are arsenal, another top 7 finish and nuno will attract interest, so will neves

The race for 4th could be even more of a shambles than last year, they have to capitalise 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's starting to look like a big year for them, if they are serious about CL and think they can get it then it's not next year or within 3 years, Chelsea and utd looking probably as weak as they will, arsenal are arsenal, another top 7 finish and nuno will attract interest, so will neves

The race for 4th could be even more of a shambles than last year, they have to capitalise 

Agree with that; of course it isn't ever 'easy', but it's looking somewhat easier than normal next year (for them, not for us, for us 17th would be a great season). 

• Like 2

Â