Jimzk5

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They see us more a threat than wba that's why. They are still bitter over the 4-1 humiliation we put in them  

The 4-1 really does irk them.  Don't know why, they had the last laugh.

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The 4-1 really does irk them.  Don't know why, they had the last laugh.

That's it and we were very humble and congratulated them on going up.

We have all praised them for finishing 7th as well. They need to let it go. There is no need with our clubs like wba  and blose

• Like 1

I have to admit, Wolves fans online are acting strangely towards Villa at the moment.  I think the poster above had it right when he said we see Villa as more of a threat, probably not next season, but the potential is clearly there.

I expect in the next five years we'll be competing for the same players and new fans, so it kinda makes sense.

And yes, Albion have battered us on and off the pitch for about 20 years.  It's been tough.  I'm glad we've been in seperate divisions for years now.  I don't personally want to play them as I hate those games, and we generally struggled against the crap sides last year, so they'd absolutely beat us again.

Anyway, decent draw for us yesterday, should be able to get through the first (2nd?  This is all new to me) qualifying round.

Edited by Andy81
  • Like 3

On 17/06/2019 at 22:14, avfcDJ said:

Actually, not you. Mainly the twitter lot. Weird bunch (and I know, Villa fans can be weird too)

Cheers chap, I was only kiddin :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

I have to admit, Wolves fans online are acting strangely towards Villa at the moment.  I think the poster above had it right when he said we see Villa as more of a threat, probably not next season, but the potential is clearly there.

I expect in the next five years we'll be competing for the same players and new fans, so it kinda makes sense.

And yes, Albion have battered us on and off the pitch for about 20 years.  It's been tough.  I'm glad we've been in seperate divisions for years now.  I don't personally want to play them as I hate those games, and we generally struggled against the crap sides last year, so they'd absolutely beat us again.

Anyway, decent draw for us yesterday, should be able to get through the first (2nd?  This is all new to me) qualifying round.

I have a Wolves mate who is generally alright, he can be a bit passive aggressive about Villa, in a fairly gentle way admittedly. He’s quicker to discuss Villa when things aren’t going so well. I try and reciprocate when I can. He was happy to message me asking about our kit manufacturer when we were 1-0 down at VP against Baggies in the play offs first leg. Sort of fishing for a meltdown. That kinda thing.

From my own experience I know growing up there will have been a lot of Villa supporters living not far from Wolverhampton (like myself) who for whatever reason chose Villa over Wolves. And those supporters like my mate who went with Wolves probably received a bit of stick from their Villa mates over the years, some of it deliberately, some of it perhaps being accidentally patronising. 

I suspect this sort of dynamic really only happened one way, I imagine there were more Villa supporters from the Wolverhampton area than there were Wolves supporters growing up in Birmingham.

The stuff on Twitter, I don’t know, it’s not my world. A lot of dick swinging from both sides I imagine.

• Like 2

Had a Wolves mate at uni. Sound lad tbf and followed them home and away.

This was around 2007-10 so actually had Wolves in premier league for two of those seasons. Everytime we'd meet up for a drink he'd never tire of saying what a terrible league the premier was and how he couldn't wait to get relegated as championship was much more exciting (probably a few on here have same opinion after last two years). Of course what happened is Wolves went down and then went down again to league 1.

Haven't actually spoken to him for a few years so genuinely interested what he thinks now given Wolves have their best team since the 50s and were regularly beating the top 6 last year.

Edited by VillaChris

A good club who I usually don’t mind, but the most fickle set of fans I know.  They certainly are the better team at the moment and have been for the last three years, but it’s gone to their head big time. If they don’t progress, they will soon get fed up, and reality will sink in. 

Never had a problem with Wolves personally, my best mate and his family have been season ticket holders for as long as ive known them. Ive always looked at them as a local rival but obviously nowhere near the levels of Blues or WBA.

I've been a few Wolves game over the years when there has been a spare ticket or something. 

Admittedly things are starting to heat up between both sets of fans especially on social media. I think as said above its because they know if we get it right we will probably move ahead of them, but i admire the way they have gone about their business under Nuno. Its only a matter of time before they lose him to a bigger team, i hear Chelsea have considered him. That will be a massive test for them as lets not forget they got it massively wrong in the first season under Zenga and the berk.

I can only see our rivalry getting a little more tastier of we both stay in Premier league for a while. This is what happened between WBA and Villa when they were in the prem together for a period of time. I know people say they dont care about WBA but imo they should be as they are as close to us as Small Heath are! 

On 17/06/2019 at 23:03, Wainy316 said:

There's some bloody funny'uns on Molineaux Mix too.  Loads of them were wanting Albion to beat us in the play offs!

Could you imagine us wanting SHA to beat them in a major game.

They Know a threat when they see one......and Albion obviously wasn't it.

11 hours ago, leighavfc said:

i admire the way they have gone about their business under Nuno. Its only a matter of time before they lose him to a bigger team, i hear Chelsea have considered him. That will be a massive test for them as lets not forget they got it massively wrong in the first season under Zenga and the berk.

I don't personally worry about Nuno leaving for a while, there won't be many jobs in football more suited to him.  He's universally loved, which is something I've never known for a head coach, he has the complete backing of the owners, who are connected to one of his best mates who happens to be a decent football agent (not sure if you were aware of this or not ;)), and he basically has free reign at a growing club.

Chelsea would have been an awful move for Nuno.  They've just lost their best player, and it's up in the air as to if they can sign anyone or not, and even with all this he could be successful and still be sacked there and have to build his reputation up again.

The other thing about Nuno moving to a bigger club is the emphasis would be on him to take games to the opposition and break them down, which is something of a weakness for Nuno teams.  We struggled against defensive teams last season, and he had the same issue at Porto.

With regards to the first season under Fosun and the appointment of Zenga, the takeover happened very late in the close season, and Wolves had very little time to buy a load of players, which happened in a slap dash way.  The club thought they had secured Lopetegui, but he received an offer from the Spanish FA which he found hard to turn down.  I think if they hadn't thought they had secured him they may have stuck with Jackett that first year, which would have probably been the smart move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Chelsea would have been an awful move for Nuno. 

Chelsea is an awful move for anyone.  Such a shame Frank Lampard's promising managerial career is about to die before it ever got going.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Chelsea is an awful move for anyone.  Such a shame Frank Lampard's promising managerial career is about to die before it ever got going.

Cant remember the last Chelsea manager to leave on their own terms except Hiddink but he wasa caretaker. All won trophies as well, think last 5 managers won something and got dumped

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

While I'm here, any chance I could be given access to post in the gaming section of the forum?  Looks pretty active.

@limpid The master of the universe

1684849_orig.jpg

• Like 1

Â