Jimzk5

their MD has left

not sure why, apparently untenable position following breakdown in relationship with the owners

Edit - looking at the wolves fans response to it they're all shocked and not too happy, the money aside he was very good at his job apparently 

Not having a good summer so far

Edited by villa4europe

He was the commercial director, nothing to do with any actual football business. Although this is easily my 5 post on here this summer which shows how quiet its been. Had to give up on twitter as its too tedious, loads already making up pretend links to what they know about why this guy left (was put on gardening leave). 

It beats made up rumours about Costa I suppose. 

• Like 1

It's a bit weird about the MD, but it's not something to be overly concerned about without knowing the resons behind it.

Apparently he was nothing to do with the football side of things, and it makes sense Fosun would want to bring in their own man.

I like how they have a thread on us titled "horribly obsessed", that is 148 pages long and is barely a year old  :crylaugh:

Some of them are trying to downplay our transfer business and are insisting it's going to go tits up. Sounds like wishful thinking there and they're really just antsy that their title as best team in the Midlands is going to be challenged.

It's so weird though, the amount of venom they have for us. Literally who? It's like West Brom in the early 2010's all over again.

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I like how they have a thread on us titled "horribly obsessed", that is 148 pages long and is barely a year old  :crylaugh:

Some of them are trying to downplay our transfer business and are insisting it's going to go tits up. Sounds like wishful thinking there and they're really just antsy that their title as best team in the Midlands is going to be challenged.

It's so weird though, the amount of venom they have for us. Literally who? It's like West Brom in the early 2010's all over again.

Just had a read of the first page of that and even fans of other clubs recognise how utterly dire Bruce was for us, and yet members of our own fanbase still defend him to this day 🙂

I never thought the dogs could be so observant and correct. Good on them. Although they later spoil it by not appreciating our current transfer business. I don't expect them to be correct twice!

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

Not many of our signings would improve their team in fairness. They'd certainly take Grealish or McGinn though.

Both teams at different stages of development, very much looking forward to the two meetings though. Should be cracking atmospheres.

Some of the fans on there are a complete embaressment I agree.  Don't let that thread fool you into thinking it represents the whole fanbase, only the noisy lot on there who don't seem to like Villa make up most of the posts, and there are a load of posts from Wolves fans who defend Villa and their recent transfer activity.

Twitter is an absolute nightmare, niether team's fan base looks good on there.

FWIW I personally think your transfer activity this summer has given you a great chance of staying up, which you didn't have before any signings were made.  I think you need more goals in your team though.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Some of the fans on there are a complete embaressment I agree.  Don't let that thread fool you into thinking it represents the whole fanbase, only the noisy lot on there who don't seem to like Villa make up most of the posts, and there are a load of posts from Wolves fans who defend Villa and their recent transfer activity.

Twitter is an absolute nightmare, niether team's fan base looks good on there.

FWIW I personally think your transfer activity this summer has given you a great chance of staying up, which you didn't have before any signings were made.  I think you need more goals in your team though.

I always find fans of one club commenting on other club fans hilarious but utterly tragic. Villa fans included. It's like a "my dad is bigger than yours" type argument. 

Every fan base has plenty of idiots but plenty of good people too. Why people try and fit everyone into one type of stereotype is beyond me. It's a waste of brain power to even think about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not many of our signings would improve their team in fairness. They'd certainly take Grealish or McGinn though.

Both teams at different stages of development, very much looking forward to the two meetings though. Should be cracking atmospheres.

Mings probably would get in back 3 they play. Think issue for Wolves is they have little past the starting 11

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mings probably would get in back 3 they play. Think issue for Wolves is they have little past the starting 11

That's what I think too, the EL campaign paired with pushing on and you can definitely ask questions of their 25 man squad 

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I always find fans of one club commenting on other club fans hilarious but utterly tragic. Villa fans included. It's like a "my dad is bigger than yours" type argument. 

Every fan base has plenty of idiots but plenty of good people too. Why people try and fit everyone into one type of stereotype is beyond me. It's a waste of brain power to even think about it.

Exactly as I see it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's what I think too, the EL campaign paired with pushing on and you can definitely ask questions of their 25 man squad 

It’ll be interesting for sure, I expect our league form to drop a bit. 

The fact that we’ve let Cav and Costa go suggests we have some forward players coming in however. I’d expect them to be an upgrade too. 

Cav especially would have been useful in the qualifying rounds. 

• Like 2

On 14/07/2019 at 11:42, TheStagMan said:

Just had a read of the first page of that and even fans of other clubs recognise how utterly dire Bruce was for us, and yet members of our own fanbase still defend him to this day 🙂

I never thought the dogs could be so observant and correct. Good on them. Although they later spoil it by not appreciating our current transfer business. I don't expect them to be correct twice!

you have gone and done it again mate......Aspects of his tenure.

Did you ever read in my posts about him that i was ill at ease with his style of play....Did you ever read my comments that his cautious style was frustrating me....Did you ever read where I said he had to go when he did and Dean Smith is a more progressive manager after his appointment and I had chance to see his offering.

What does a poster have to say for you to understand.

You really do seem to take a lump hammer to crack a nut......Its aspects of the Mans performance that some of us are defending, not the whole thing....you need to interpret what is/has been said correctly and not refer to your own agenda.

We are coming back at you and others who fail to see any positivity in his tenure.....we are saying there are aspects where he did ok....you and others can't bring yourself for some reason to appreciate that.

back on Topic......Wolves will have another good season IMV.....need some additions though.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

you have gone and done it again mate......Aspects of his tenure.

Did you ever read in my posts about him that i was ill at ease with his style of play....Did you ever read my comments that his cautious style was frustrating me....Did you ever read where I said he had to go when he did and Dean Smith is a more progressive manager after his appointment and I had chance to see his offering.

What does a poster have to say for you to understand.

You really do seem to take a lump hammer to crack a nut......Its aspects of the Mans performance that some of us are defending, not the whole thing....you need to interpret what is/has been said correctly and not refer to your own agenda.

We are coming back at you and others who fail to see any positivity in his tenure.....we are saying there are aspects where he did ok....you and others can't bring yourself for some reason to appreciate that.

back on Topic......Wolves will have another good season IMV.....need some additions though.

Thank you for proving my point.

As I said in the other thread, I am done with this conversation.

14 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Thank you for proving my point.

As I said in the other thread, I am done with this conversation.

I concur

Â