Jimzk5

Wolves and Leicester have a lot in common. Very similar clubs and have a very good set up with potential to expand as clubs. Not sure Everton are going the right way tbf. They just seem to be clinging on. The Wolves situation is good for us. Gives us competition that we needed and keeps us on our toes. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wolves and Leicester have a lot in common. Very similar clubs and have a very good set up with potential to expand as clubs. Not sure Everton are going the right way tbf. They just seem to be clinging on. The Wolves situation is good for us. Gives us competition that we needed and keeps us on our toes. 

Agree with this,  I am more than happy to have a rivalry with them or WBA in the Premier League, I don't have anywhere near the same ill feeling towards them as I do towards SHA, although working on the edge of Wolverhampton in a place full of Dingles I do get the impression they thought we would be in the championship for many a season with SHA and WBA and would be the only midlands team in the PL for a good number of years, they have gone very quiet here since we got promotion

Also Wolves continue the current progression and they could well push 40000 crowds, especially with the potential catchment areas they can appeal too, it all depends I guess on how ambitious their owners are on and off the pitch 

• Like 2

I agree totally . I have noticed it’s pissed them off a bit that we have came up where as before they were all laughing and taking the piss. Well next season we would be pulling in 50k crowds if we had a ground big enough and that’s with us not predicted to do particularly well next season. That’s the difference . Our fanbase is much stronger imo. It could all change mind. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc456 said:

Agree with this,  I am more than happy to have a rivalry with them or WBA in the Premier League, I don't have anywhere near the same ill feeling towards them as I do towards SHA, although working on the edge of Wolverhampton in a place full of Dingles I do get the impression they thought we would be in the championship for many a season with SHA and WBA and would be the only midlands team in the PL for a good number of years, they have gone very quiet here since we got promotion

Also Wolves continue the current progression and they could well push 40000 crowds, especially with the potential catchment areas they can appeal too, it all depends I guess on how ambitious their owners are on and off the pitch 

Agree it's good for us. And agree Wolves are being extremely well run and look very good on and off the pitch. Their progression should really help us push on and try to catch them and overtake them, touch wood.

But I don't like them after reading what they've said about us on their forum. Ridiculing us and putting us down. Can't understand the arrogance of a club that's spent about 5 seasons of the last 25-30 years in the top flight. But then again, once any club gets any modicum of success, even if it is just a 7th placed finish, then all the ****s come out of the woodwork. 

Tinpot may seem a harsh term for a neighbour of ours, but actually yes before the last 2 years they were the very definition of tinpot. Not saying that means they were a small club, just run very badly and languishing in the 2nd tier. The last time before now they were any good was the 1950s.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Agree it's good for us. And agree Wolves are being extremely well run and look very good on and off the pitch. Their progression should really help us push on and try to catch them and overtake them, touch wood.

But I don't like them after reading what they've said about us on their forum. Ridiculing us and putting us down. Can't understand the arrogance of a club that's spent about 5 seasons of the last 25-30 years in the top flight. But then again, once any club gets any modicum of success, even if it is just a 7th placed finish, then all the ****s come out of the woodwork. 

Tinpot may seem a harsh term for a neighbour of ours, but actually yes before the last 2 years they were the very definition of tinpot. Not saying that means they were a small club, just run very badly and languishing in the 2nd tier. The last time before now they were any good was the 1950s.

We have had the same sorts of comments from SHA and WBA when both have achieved promotion, it must be agony for them all to be in our shadow for so long and when they are on a level playing field, or in dingles case superior to us for one season its their chance of giving us hell back, it will be interesting if they are just in the top 10 for the next few seasons if they maintain the weekly sell outs, even Leicester last season I was noticing a few gaps in their crowds week on week and they won the league only a few years ago

I remember when SHA first got promoted, and David Gold was proudly proclaiming the City was turning and it was now blue and white, just like with WBA its all hot air. 

Never had issues with Wolves fans, their issue with us is that fact our fans complained about the way they operated when they were in the championship..

(It was Xia, but hey)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don’t like their fans either. Finished above villa for two seasons and they are the dogs bollocks. Fickle as****. I remember a few seasons back when they came up. They just about survived first season, then the second season they struggled again which resulted in relegation. Their away support was a joke in that second season. Taking sub 1k following a few times and only took 900 to Stoke for a Saturday game. They are not cut out for the struggle, and if they ever struggle again their fans will **** off within a heart beat. 

I like this version of Wolves.They are a good team that play good football.

Dont be too hard on the fans either,they have NO IDEA what sustained success is.For them 2 seasons above the Villa is massive.

Us being back has taken some of the limelight away.Now they have to actually beat us instead of just playing the Premier League card and calling us historians.

• Like 3

Been a bit quiet with transfers. Was expecting them to go out and get 2-3 quality ones in early with europa league on offer. Haven't really seen them been linked much with anyone.

Obviously a well coached team and excellent players in their 11 but just going into europe with about 20 outfield players feels risky, Arsenal struggled with lots of Sunday games after europa league last year as did Chelsea.

19 hours ago, avfc456 said:

Bodes well for rivalry

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's a template based on adidas training gear :lol: 

Cardiff have the exact same one. If our kit was ever made by adidas, I wouldn't even buy it.

Is that their new shirt sponsor?

Weak links to Diego Costa

Here

Costa has been linked with a move away from Atletico Madrid this summer following the mega money signing of Portuguese starlet Joao Felix and Alvaro Morata from Chelsea.

The fiery forward, 30, is a client of super-agent Jorge Mendes - a man known to have incredibly close links to Wolves and owners Fosun.

that's one where they'll buzz their tits off about the massive name signing but in reality that's mendes doing Atletico a favour by shifting him 

Jimenez is still on holiday and is missing the start of their pre season and they have the EL too this year, they need a bigger squad, they are surprisingly quiet, I think there is this thing going round that Newcastle are the only team not to sign anyone, wolves have only signed 2 players they had on loan last year

• Like 1

Â