Jimzk5

6 hours ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

I assume he means their large Portugal contingent who won the European Championship in 2016. And the Nations League win last weekend. 

In his defence they would be major international honours..

Only the keeper played!

54 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve never had a problem with them, they found a loop hole and took advantage of it. But I think they are a million miles away from champions league football.

I do and I don't! 

I don't think they're that good and I don't see what they will do this summer that will make them 14 points better

But at the same time I do see the teams above them getting worse

Bit like Leicester winning the league, no one really seems to talk about how the big boys were that year were **** dreadful, think someone could benefit in a similar way next year and sneak 4th, wolves have to make sure it's them 

I'm not really sure why people think they're suddenly going to break into the top four, they did very well last season but their final points tally would only have been enough to get them top seven twice in the last ten seasons, they will be doing well just to finish that high again next season, especially with being in the Europa league as well.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's starting to look like a big year for them, if they are serious about CL and think they can get it then it's not next year or within 3 years, Chelsea and utd looking probably as weak as they will, arsenal are arsenal, another top 7 finish and nuno will attract interest, so will neves

The race for 4th could be even more of a shambles than last year, they have to capitalise 

Don't they start europa league qualifiers in July? Think they'll have a good run in that competition with the technical quality in their squad high so that will probably shave a few points off their prem tally. Nuno also prefers working with a small squad and really dosen't rotate much at all (think they started same 11 in their first 7-8 games last season).

On 09/06/2019 at 22:15, Andy81 said:

Genuinely Wolves fans hardly ever thought about Villa before last season, at least since I've been following them.

Not gonna lie, there seem to be a lot of Wolves fans who don't like Villa, which has surprised me, but I still expect they're dwarfed by the silent majority who don't care much.

Most Wolves fans I know don't mind you at all, myself included.

To be honest, there hasn't been a lot to talk about recently either, and you had an interesting end to the season.

Lets be fair Andy , most fans hate other clubs out of jealousy or because somebody has slagged their team off.

We have been left alone for quite some time because we was no threat to anyone, suddenly the haters have raised their ugly heads.....now the possibility is ,we could be.

I have only One teams interest at heart, I guess you do too.....I love Aston Villa, I don't have any energy left to hate another team.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Personally feel like it's a good time to be in the prem. Part of me feels it will be impossible for anyone (even Wolves) to repeat that sort of form against the top 6. However whilst the top 2 are arguably the strongest its ever been, I feel like the rest have slipped back slightly. Wolves have got some great players but I feel a lot of our success is the system. However you can make a case that Leicester and Watford have better overall parts than Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal's in some areas, I know Tielemans was on loan, but him and Maddison would improve 2 of those sides starting 11s for a start. As they all have glaring weaknesses you wouldn't usually expect of them. 

It's frustrating that given both our owners we are capped in terms of making a serious Man City style push should they wish. I know that's the right thing ultimately, however it doesn't change it seeming like a system set up to preserve those elite sides. 

• Like 1

On 15/06/2019 at 20:05, Londonastonvilla said:

A lot of their recent success is due to having a very good manager and a very good scouting system.

I could see their manager being poached by a Champions League club(maybe Chelsea?)and he would be very difficult to replace.

Yes, they got in an overseas manager who hit the ground running and bought a lot of overseas players who also all hit the ground running and gelled quickly. 

This almost never happens. They went from nothing to walking the league in a single season. 

I think they will lose at least one top player (Neves?) for megabucks so it depends on how well they reinvest that and also if they lose Nuno who replaces him. 

You would have thought that with all the advantages they have any kind of half decent manager at Man Ure would have had an easy enough job but it shows how quickly even the biggest of clubs with massive resources can come unravelled with a few bad decisions in management choice and player recruitment. 

One of the reasons that they gelled so quickly is because the manager and a lot of the players already knew each other, either from playing at Porto, or at various levels with the Portugese national side, and thinking about it they've got quite a few who've played for Monaco as well.

Well the season before was Zenga and was pretty disastrous and had a huge amount of players in and out. So that was the bump off too much change. Lambert then wasn't even playing Saiss or Cav who went on to be intregeral parts of Nuno's side and then he was playing Doherty at lb, so some of the parts of that league winning side were there but being poorly used. Which I guess shows how vital the manager/head coach is. 

The next hiring is key in the sense Wolves need to avoid the Swansea/Southampton approach of when they changed coach philosophy too much and sunk. 

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Wolves fans: "Villa go on about the European Cup"

Also Wolves fans: "We finished 7th, we are much bigger than Villa!"

We're all idiots.

• Like 1

There's some bloody funny'uns on Molineaux Mix too.  Loads of them were wanting Albion to beat us in the play offs!

Could you imagine us wanting SHA to beat them in a major game.

• Like 2

On 17/06/2019 at 23:03, Wainy316 said:

There's some bloody funny'uns on Molineaux Mix too.  Loads of them were wanting Albion to beat us in the play offs!

Could you imagine us giving a **** either way? :D 

• Haha 1

On 17/06/2019 at 23:03, Wainy316 said:

They see us more a threat than wba that's why. They are still bitter over the 4-1 humiliation we put in them  

• Like 1

from the ones I know its because they want to play baggies in the PL whilst confident that they will comfortably beat them because they are a much better side

its not our game they are bitter about its the result last time they played them, lost 5-1 at home the season wolves went down

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Country_derby I didn't know that the baggies had the better record in that fixture since 1911, also based on that wolves haven't done the double over the baggies since 96/97, beaten them 3 times in 20 years, strike while the iron is hot and all that

• Like 1

Â