Jimzk5

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the agent fees figures released last week suggest that they are benefitting from a saving there but other than that nothing has been found

nothing on clauses in player contracts or promises of stepping stones either, doubt we'll know until someone comes in for neves

What are we thinking? £20 mil to the agent following future sell?

Don't know, I think the Chinese owners of both wolves and the agent can make a direct payment to the agent so wolves are getting players for less, like wise when they come to sell neves they can waive the £5-10m fee and add it to the transfer, again paying Mendes direct

It won't make huge differences but probably gives them £20-30m more a season to play with 

Wolves would've been done for FFP big time if they hadn't been promoted. But they did and it's no issue and fair play they've had as good a season as I thought they would in August.

Now let's get up and have two good midlands teams in the top 10 instead of all battling relegation as happened in 10/11 for instance.

Wolves lost at Southampton, and a Doghead is currently on the WM phone in moaning like they'd been relegated. After the season they've had!

He wasn't impressed with Adama either, calling him "Stevie Bloody Wonder" :crylaugh:

I've not been paying much attention to the Premier League this season but I'd assumed that Wolves were ten points clear at the top of the table going by the way their fans have been talking.  

Said to some pals last week they would lose to Southampton. It was so obvious, they only ever show up for games against top 6 and are absolutely useless against everyone else. 

I really think their season has been massively overrated.

I think 1st season back what they've done should be applauded but at the same time I think the reality will set in that 75% of the league are actually pretty poor with lots of "big" teams stagnating  (The likes of Everton are ripe for being overtaken, it's not the accomplishment that it seems) whilst at the same time as I said before the top 6 will be unassailable for them

They look like they won't achieve what Burnley did last season despite a far higher budget and better squad

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Wolves lost at Southampton, and a Doghead is currently on the WM phone in moaning like they'd been relegated. After the season they've had!

He wasn't impressed with Adama either, calling him "Stevie Bloody Wonder" :crylaugh:

You'd hope that was a boggie fan on the wind up, but if it was a doghead then I really give up 🙄

20 hours ago, rjw63 said:

That bloke was hilariously thick... “Nuno needs to give his head a wobble” best manager you’ve had in years... “We were absolutely bile today, I’ve been watching for over 40 yrs and that is the worst I’ve ever seen” worse than getting relegated to league one?? “If they think I’m going to put up with it, well they’ve got another thing coming” I’m sure they will be gutted of losing your support

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

That bloke was hilariously thick... “Nuno needs to give his head a wobble” best manager you’ve had in years... “We were absolutely bile today, I’ve been watching for over 40 yrs and that is the worst I’ve ever seen” worse than getting relegated to league one?? “If they think I’m going to put up with it, well they’ve got another thing coming” I’m sure they will be gutted of losing your support

If he was supporting for that long he would have seen them in Division 4 😂

Has probably never seen them this high ever

• Like 1

Fans are morons. 

We had fans moaning when we were pushing for Champions League places.

There’s always fans who aren’t happy. And they’re the mugs who get put through to phone ins. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We had fans moaning when we were pushing for 4th place.

I agree there are plenty of moronic fans.

I'd moan again if we were comfortably 4th playing the football from last season with a manager insulting the fanbase whenever he cocks up. I'll die on this hill of this season being enjoyable and last season being nothing more than tolerable. People like different things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I agree there are plenty of moronic fans.

I'd moan again if we were comfortably 4th playing the football from last season with a manager insulting the fanbase whenever he cocks up. I'll die on this hill of this season being enjoyable and last season being nothing more than tolerable. People like different things.

I was talking about when we were pushing for fourth place in the premier league under MON.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I was talking about when we were pushing for fourth place in the premier league under MON.

Ah I see. One of them though isn't it.

Imagine if we'd bought a proper striker instead of Heskey. Imagine if MON had a scout instead of just signing whoever played well against us.

God, I've set myself off now. He did really well for us but we should have got into the Champions League under him. He did stuff like sign Zat Knight and kept moving Barry/Milner to LB/RB as his attacking sub. That was moronic.

There are also moron fans though yes. That Wolves fan sounds like one to me. Stevie Wonder if funny though.

• Like 2

In was one of them moaning...I thought his stubbornness was starting to hold us back, his selections at RB, his under utilisation of the squad and use of subs etc he was collecting poor signings and then using them poorly, I was starting to see a ceiling for him and saw it as shit or bust, the bad decisions we have made since favour him big time 

Strangely though what he did in Moscow never bothered me in the slightest! I was really impressed with them at VP and had no confidence in us getting a result over there so the league game seemed more important 

Agree about the idiots getting though on the phone ins though, local radio doesn't have the luxury of talksports out there nonsense aimed at enraging fans of certain clubs, they can't bite the hand that feeds them so can't have wind up merchant presenters, instead they use other callers to do that leg work

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Fans are morons. 

We had fans moaning when we were pushing for Champions League places.

There’s always fans who aren’t happy. And they’re the mugs who get put through to phone ins. 

Who Makes better entertainment the happy fan or the weirdo who Thinks his overachieving team are shit

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah I see. One of them though isn't it.

Imagine if we'd bought a proper striker instead of Heskey. Imagine if MON had a scout instead of just signing whoever played well against us.

God, I've set myself off now. He did really well for us but we should have got into the Champions League under him. He did stuff like sign Zat Knight and kept moving Barry/Milner to LB/RB as his attacking sub. That was moronic.

There are also moron fans though yes. That Wolves fan sounds like one to me. Stevie Wonder if funny though.

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In was one of them moaning...I thought his stubbornness was starting to hold us back, his selections at RB, his under utilisation of the squad and use of subs etc he was collecting poor signings and then using them poorly, I was starting to see a ceiling for him and saw it as shit or bust, the bad decisions we have made since favour him big time 

Strangely though what he did in Moscow never bothered me in the slightest! I was really impressed with them at VP and had no confidence in us getting a result over there so the league game seemed more important 

Agree about the idiots getting though on the phone ins though, local radio doesn't have the luxury of talksports out there nonsense aimed at enraging fans of certain clubs, they can't bite the hand that feeds them so can't have wind up merchant presenters, instead they use other callers to do that leg work

This kind of just proves my point. And it’s not a criticism. 

Its that fans’ expectations change almost instantly. Rarely do fans think “well we’ll just enjoy where we are because we used to be shit”

some fans just take it a bit far and get on the radio

• Like 1

To be fair it does annoy me somewhat when people say we were moaning when we pushing for CL under MON. Like we didn't have any right to be there and should have just idly backed whatever MON did. 

Since then MON has gone on to do nothing of any note, he failed with Sunderland, Ireland and he is now failing at Forest. Shows that as a manager he was actually not anywhere near as good as the media were making him out to be. 

We had our best period of recent times under MON, this is true, but I still think he deserved a lot of criticism and left us in a terrible state. The football was dour a lot of the time, when he left we only had about three or four saleable assets which once they left meant we were on a hiding to nothing, he put very average players on big fat wages and never played them, and he failed to build a talented squad capable of competing on multiple fronts. You look at how we are under Smith and his modern way of thinking and playing the game and you realise just how backward Martin O'Neill actually was.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

Â